1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Consumers turn brands' social media pages into complaint boards

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Dec 9, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

When consumers flooded Cheerios' Facebook page with negative comments about the use of GMOs in the kid-friendly cereal, the company removed some of the comments, but left others. Will it make a difference?

When the GMO Inside group asked its Facebook followers to go to the Cheerios Facebook page and comment about the company's use of genetically-modified ingredients in the kid-friendly cereal, the Cheerios Facebook page got flooded with negative remarks.

In fact, General Mills, the makers of Cheerios, removed an app on the Facebook page that allowed users to create messages about what Cheerios meant to them because people were creating messages that said things like “Poison” and “Deception.” That can’t be what General Mills was hoping to find. All of the comments made with the app have been removed from the Facebook page, but regular comments, like the one below, are still there.
    I used to feed Cheerios to my first child all the time. Now that I am better educated on GMOs, I am DISGUSTED at the fact that I was naive enough to believe that at the time I was actually feeding her something healthy. I know much better now, and will never again let another Cheerios pass my children's lips until they are GMO-free.

CONTINUE . . .