1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Contemporary Worship

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by milby, Apr 4, 2012.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Should have been "wrong."

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I figured but wanted to be sure there wasn't some guy that was REALLY wrong. :wavey:

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After reading a few posts I skipped right to the end...

Some contemporary/modern worship services I have attended are "not my cup of tea".

But that does not mean that the worship of the True and Living God has not taken place in such services.

Our Father only requires that it be in Spirit and in Truth.

I have no problem stepping aside (or even occassionally joining in with them) for the next generation as long as that happens.

In the mean time there are like minded congregations with which to assemble.

HankD

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe we would fuss less if we were clear in our definitions of traditional and contemporary.

By traditional do you mean true hymns and organ? Or gospel songs and a piano? Or doing the songs in the hymnal but with a very country sound? What?

By contemporary do you mean rock concert style, or softer praise and worship music, or modern hymns (good stuff!!), or what?

Sometimes we are arguing apples and oranges.

But I think most of us here would agree it needs to have theology the church espouses, be non manipulative, and Christ, not human centered.

Whatever kind of music it is.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christian Schwartz wrote a book several years ago and the results of his research showed that the growth of a church was directly related to its ability to love. I have seen dead and alive churches that have contemporary and traditional worship services. A church can have great programs and be dead and have few and be alive. Church is not about the image of the church but the image of God that is seen working in its people.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter