1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Contract tracing is a waste of time and money, here is why

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, May 28, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    81 percent of COVID-19 patients on cruise were asymptomatic, study says, raising concerns on lifting lockdown

81% of people have no symptoms who get infected... you have an infection period where they are infectious for those who have no symptoms or have symptoms
    You can not even possibly know who gave it to you.

But see, it is like this, people want to feel empowered, like they are in control of a situation, have a strategic plan, regardless of if the plan is a good or bad plan. Bad plans ruin nations, lives, livelihoods and give opportunities to others to exploit your failings.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    CV19 is as fake as climate change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand what the government is doing. I got another haircut today--my second one since they re-opened the barber shops. Both the barber and I had to wear masks by law. At work, they put big stickers on the lunchroom tables--eat here only, and in the washrooms they put a ton more of big stickers indicating which sink you could use and which one you could not. They are really making management wear masks but labor just wears them now and then although they all have them handy. Now incoming truck drivers have to wear masks. I was at Sam's Club today and one clerk told me that it is hard moving around big items on the shelves while wearing a mask. I think that the masks should have been a weapon early in the outbreak and not at this stage and not at this time of year.

4. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think climate change is more fake than CV19.

I think the reaction to CV19 was overblown in some regards. I think that things shoulda have opened up a lot sooner and that orders should never have been mandatory in the broad scope that it was.

But let’s be honest. Everyone was going nuts. Until recently, you couldn’t even buy toilet paper - people were that nuts.

The rules that happened were simply not making any sense. One couldn’t walk outside one’s home, but crowding onto a bus or train was “ok”. People were being ticketed for driving without a cause. My county decided to make lockdown orders because we had over 10 cases.

No one was thinking clearly and there was general hysteria.

I can personally say that I haven’t worn a mask yet and I am perfectly ok.

5. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since I am in VA, Gov Northam has made it mandatory to wear masks in public buildings starting Friday, with NO end date.
    My plan is to make a flimsy cloth mask I can breathe through. I tried an N95 mask (no valve) and was left gasping for air after a few minutes, hard to breathe. Tried to uncover my nose but it kept on riding back up. I suppose I could punch holes in that mask...

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm here in NY - Gov is to sign an executive order - that you must wear mask in all stores, ect.
    First - does he have authority to so that.
    second - like to know how many haicuts he has had in the past two months.

Scott - same with me - I cannot breath with a mask - I just take my GI scarf - put it around my neck and put it over my mouth (more or less) when wwithin 6 ft