1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conundrum Baptist Doctrine vs Satan

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When events suggest differences to established teachings we must look deeper to determine truth.

Currently we believe Satan has a special war against the unborn and infants, We know that millions are aborted every year yet we teach that each one goes to Heaven directly because of not reaching t the "age of Accountability". It would seem that in order to prevent people from Heaven this is backwards. It would be better for Satan to prevent salvation than send directly.
    Some say it is a attack on a family but there are more effective ways than prevention of a life.

any opinions?

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I think you are attributing WAY TOO MUCH common sense to ole’ slewfoot. Evil follows its desires, not reasonable facts, unless the facts serve the immediate goal.

3. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    perhaps you attribute too little

Eph 6:11

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles [cunning arts, deceit, craft, trickery] of the devil.

2Ki 23:10

And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech. the god of the Ammonites and Phoenicians to whom some Israelites sacrificed their infants in the valley of Hinnom

4. BroOldTimer

BroOldTimer Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aborted infants are going to heaven--- sacrificed on the altar of selfishness, evil and fornication to the god of whatever pleases self. Satan is destroying the lives of the mothers and fathers not the infants.

5. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist

Would it not be more devastating if the child died as they were older when bonds and memories were present ?

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again human logic and reasoning evades us when we apply them to the supernatural.
    Not always but in this case - probably.

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The premise that abortion only harms the fetus that is aborted is patently false.

At the same time, the "Age of Accountability" teaching (whatever age that is supposed to be) is quite arbitrary. It is not standard Baptist doctrine, but kind of a folk teaching. It was taught in the church where I grew up, and popular opinion said it was 12. All attempts at coercing me to "walk the aisle" and get baptized, ended after I turned 12. It was actually a relief and opened the door for me to hear the gospel almost two years later.

The first time I heard the gospel, I responded.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please define "folk teaching".

9. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist

The age of understanding right and wrong and have the ability to understand the gospel is the Age of accountability. It is different for every one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, I believe egotistic human logic cannot accept the facts that other reasons might exist.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, a definite possibility.

12. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not convinced that an age of accountability exists because Adam's sin is sufficient to damn everyone. And I wonder if abortion is judgement where God visits the sins of the fathers unto the third and fourth generation of those who hate him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He does not.

Eze 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

nor are condemned because of Adam's sin. We have our own

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion is an attack on the unborn. as is the fires of Molech on the infants

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your reply. The way I understand Paul in Romans 5 is that death results from breaking the Law. But even those who never broke a law as Adam did still die. So this explains Adam's sin inherited by all, including all who die never having consciously sinned.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Opinions that are repeated in some Baptist churches with the force of scripture, and if anyone wants to examine them by the scripture, they are treated as if they are denying the very word of God.

Some examples that I have heard/experienced over the years:
    • Popular music with an emphasis on the 2nd and 4th beat is inherently demonic because a missionary somewhere was told by a "native" that his children were summoning demons through their transistor radio playing popular music.
    • Dancing is explicitly sexual foreplay and automatically leads to lust and fornication in the mind, and usually, in the flesh.
    • Consuming alcohol is any among is the sin of drunkenness.
    • One should not go to any place where they lower the lights. Lowering the lights means that the people there are "trying to hide from God." Therefore, movie theatres (they depict sin), nice restaurants (they probably serve alcohol to couples who want to fornicate), etc., are places that Christians should avoid. At the same time, in Sunday School and occasionally in an evening church service, they had no issues turning off the lights to show missionary slides or a gospel film.
    • One should not be doing anything that one would not want the whole world watching, because it Jesus suddenly returns, everyone would see what we are doing. When I was a very little kid, I was worried that Jesus would suddenly appear when I was on the toilet.
    • The idea that the devil can't read the mind of a human being.
    • The practice of spiritual disciplines (fasting, solitude, silence, etc.) in the believer's life is trying to "work" one's way into heaven.
    • The use of playing cards ("face cards") is morally wrong because it is necessarily gambling.
    • Doing anything that anyone could possibly misinterpret by putting the worst possible assumptions upon it is nearly as bad as committing the sin. This one often misinterpreted the scripture, "avoid every appearance of evil."
    • All Roman Catholics are going to hell. Period.
    • Heaven is "up" and hell is "down." This was "proven" by a Russian drilling team who drilled the deepest well known (exact depth never specified) and the drill bit suddenly dropped off. As one does in that situation, they lowered a microphone down the hole to listen to what was going on and they heard the sounds of souls in torment in hell.
    • Whatever the latest Jack Chick tract has claimed.
    • That people of African descent are cursed (through Ham) to be a lesser people.
    • The KJV is the only true version of scripture. Everything else is a lesser Bible - or worse.
    I could keep going, but I think you get the picture.

#16 Baptist Believer, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  17. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thief comes but to steal kill and destroy..... I think that for the most part he does that pretty indiscriminately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don't.

I don't associate what you described above with the possibility that God would or could regenerate an infant which dies an untimely death.
    I don't see the connection with that and playing cards or going to a dance hall.

19. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, we are condemned already, spiritually. Adam sin leads to physical death, We all have sin but not from Adam. Adams sin affects the physical, the spiritual is already condemned

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the reply. Why do infants die who never consciously sin? Paul says the wages of sin is death.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.