1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conundrum Baptist Doctrine vs Satan

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it to whom? Does God not know and needs "proof?" Of course not. Our works prove the genuineness of our faith to people, not to God. He already knows.

Well, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. :)

2. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto. ;)

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2018-5-2_23-44-12.jpeg

When we dropped the big ones on Japan in 45 did the Buddhist and the Shinto's who died, go to hell, while their children under the age of accountability went to heaven?

4. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    idk,, Is God just? He created ones in a place and time so that they do not hear of Gospel, Yet we say they are lost, God would not prevent one from hearing just to send them to hell. It is not His character. I speculated some people do not have souls.

5. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgive my ignorance, but just for the record, where does scripture state that children get a free pass to heaven?

[1Corinthians 7:14 NASB] 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to trust in what scriptures say, as God created all humans with souls!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They get to heaven the same way all of the saved do, as Jesus paid their sin debt for them, and rose again to justify them!

8. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist

John 3:16-18 NASB
    16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So all children believe in Jesus Christ? Even Buddhist and Shinto children (as someone asked earlier)?

Now technically, I asked "where does scripture state that children get a free pass to heaven?" If you object to the phrase "free pass to heaven", then it is duly noted. However no scripture has yet been provided to support this potential 'Sunday School fairy tale'. If I wanted doctrines based purely on traditions, I could be a Roman Catholic. Protestants are supposed to believe in Scripture as the normative standard.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not addressing how many children go to Heaven, but just how those who get their were able to go there, on what basis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.