1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conversion after death

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Matt Janes, Apr 26, 2018.

1. I Love An Atheist

I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is all of this indignation about? The worst that anybody is saying is that they don't know for sure how God works out everything for everybody. It's up to God, and if He hasn't said exactly how He intends to handle everything, some people are comfortable speculating about it. Other people are not.

Do you think that God read about Vatican II and said, Oops, he's right. Or that God is waiting for the Baptists to vote on it, and then God will bring Buddha up from hell to heaven?

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah.....Samaritan.

Jesus used the Samaritan as the exemplar to agape love of God and neighbor.

Luke 10

36“Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers’ hands?37And he said, “The one who showed mercy toward him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do the same.”

Our discussion is the ENTIRE POINT of the Good Samaritan. The Lawyer wants justification based on same religion. Samaritans were hated then they desecrated the temple of God with human bones. They didn't have Muslims back then.

If Jesus were here today he'd probably tell the parable of the GOOD MUSLIM.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That tells me all I need to know about you.

Done here.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bye, then

• Like Like x 1
  5. utilyan

Site Supporter

Scripture says its Samaritan. ...... Not a Christian or Jew.

The entire point of the story is against religious fascism.

You would have gotten along great with the lawyer your exactly his attitude.

Look up the word BIGOT. Google it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Woe, interesting month. First an Origenist, and now some Buddhists.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ is referencing outsider, not unbeliever.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I Love An Atheist

I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Religious fascism?

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Samaritans were deemed to be unbelievers by the Jews

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where exactly does it say that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said, "No man cometh I
    Unto The Father but by Me."
    If you don't come to The Father, where do you go?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passage begs the question, can God the Father reveal the Son to whomsoever He wills whensoever He chooses (e.g. after the spirit leaves the body)?

Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. utilyan

Site Supporter

Brother Samaritans are not believers.

They are not Christians for sure.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

For Jesus time it was the pharisees, they are the CHOSEN ONES, every other approach to religion is automatically evil. Even if you did something Good it doesn't count.

For example when Jesus saves a person from a demonic possession, Well the only logical explanation for that is that Jesus was a devil worshiper.

Matthew 12
    24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

Oppressive evil people rely on accusation, blaming, faultfinding, they themselves are always the chosen good and someone else is not.

Can you spot the pharisee?

13“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

They don't preach good news, they preach bad news. Its all based on fear and power.

You get westboro baptist in here, my money is on 95% of everyone here is going to hell

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Yet you claim to know the spiritual condition of Buddha at death, because you have already judged him as being in Hell for all eternity

16. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    This!

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He denied that there was a personal God, and that was a real sin debt that could be atoned for apart from karma!

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

No he opposed reliance on belief vs knowing. If you walked up to the Buddha and said there is no God, he would tell you that you are wrong. Vice versa.

19. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The spirits of antichrist will come up with any scenario they can to draw people away from the truth of Christ.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." (1Jo 2:22)

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (1Jo 4:3)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (2Jo 1:7)

Buddhist and Catholics do have quite a bit in common...

"As a whole, Buddhism has little directly to say about Jesus Christ. It does acknowledge what most men do: that He was a great person. For the most part, however, His Gospel teachings are largely ignored and a more convenient Jesus is accepted: one who, along with the Buddha, smiles serenely......." Buddhism and Jesus Christ | John Ankerberg Show

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

I read Ankerberg's report. Total misrepresentation of Buddhism.

Even the sugar coating is false:

"It does acknowledge what most men do: that He was a great person."

No where does Buddhism say Jesus Christ was a great person, Probably because it was formed 500 years before he was born.

You have to realize the obvious stupidity and attempt to misrepresent. A bigoted version Christianity will vilify everything that is not it.

He couldn't even fake the sugar coat correctly.

There is the history of what went down, The actual practice and science, and the current opinion of Buddhist today.

Buddhism is taught in its complete form in Matthew 6 in the bible. So much so I don't have to call it Buddhism. I just have to insist you PRACTICE Matthew 6. Anyone who practices Matthew 6 is practicing Buddhism.

There is more worship in swimming and riding a bike then meditation which is the actual practice of Buddhism.

Everyone here has meditates, you just do a horrible job of it most the time.

Everyone here "does" Buddhism.

If another culture had another word for "poop" Sure enough our corrupt bigot christian would insist it cannot be true.

All athletes, craftsmen, Pizza makers......Generally any kind of Job employs Buddhism.

Because they require your mediate attention right now

The Jedi teach it:

A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon.Never his mind on where he was.

Jesus states. Don't worry about tomorrow. you got enough evil going on today.

Anxiety, Fear. These are very subtle attacks.

If you are assured in faith with God, you have absolutely nothing to worry about or fear, ever.

Plenty of time when you start to ponder about the past/future it points to a dissatisfaction with the present moment. The past revs up fear of the future. There is a disharmony because your telling your own life story based on distortion of what really is happening. Whats happening is whats happening vs whats happening + your idea of whats happening.

So the self-discipline involves learning to shut up and listen.

In fact I could say Buddhism means shut up and listen.

You might walk outside today and say to yourself ........man it is hot! or cold.

There is a part of you that actually comments and gives an opinion......TO YOURSELF that it is HOT.

Your self confidence is so bad, Your mind has a CAPTAIN OBVIOUS that literally tries to let you know.

DON'T forget you got to pick up some milk. WHO the heck is talking to who?

Someone who meditates/enlightened. Their brain runs like a well oiled engine. It doesn't require the service of captain obvious.
    In prayer you can pray whole heartedly in contact with God you can attempt to completely listen and be at attention for God.

If I told you to go outside and sit on a chair. Your mental discipline might not be capable of doing just that, you don't have control. You will sit and daydream, sit and ponder, sit and make opinions, It takes a lot of discipline to just sit. You have what they call a monkey-mind, not disciplined and always restless.

Or like Jesus says: 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Or if you sit there and think, is this thinking going to extend your life by an hour?

• Like Like x 1