1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Convince me about Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by bobbyd, Apr 8, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Technically i have no dog in this fight since the only 3 or 4 people i seriously considered for President have long been gone from the race...so i want to know, why should i vote for Barack Obama.
    I know there are a few Obama supporters here and i'm curious to see why should i give this man my support. Keep in mind, i'm a staunch conservative, so you may have to appeal to those senses...but i'm open minded and i really want to know why i should vote for him.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Vote for Obama if...you love big government.

Vote for Obama if...you love big brother.

Vote for Obama if...you love the New World Order.

Vote for Obama if...you love to be led around in circles.

Vote for Obama if...you love the North American Union.

Vote for Obama if...you want Zbigniew Brzezinski's dreams of american imperial mobilizations to continue.

Vote for Obama if...you love Bush.

Vote for Obama if...you love Hillary.

Vote for Obama if...you love McCain.

Vote for Obama if...you hate Bush.

Vote for Obama if...you hate Hillary.

Vote for Obama if...you hate McCain.

Vote for Obama if...you love the way things are going and would like to see more of the same.

Better yet just pick one of the three by the ole eenie meanie mighty mo method. It'll work out either way because there isn't one whit of difference between any of them. They are all bought and paid for by political and corporate interests.

Convinced yet?

Ken. your up next...(if you are still an Obama supporter this afternoon.)

#2 poncho, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I support Senator Obama based on his stances on civil liberties and foreign policy.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The most liberal politician in washington.......If you liberals want a Dem in the White House, you better support Obama, as he has the only chance of beating McCain.

Go Hillary...

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh just close your eyes and push the little electronic button and believe you "elected" someone. You've done your duty now so go home and watch the republic crumble on the TV and get some R&R.

You do deserve it after all.

#5 poncho, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

Vote for 'Bama. We will have 4 years of amusement listening to excuses about him not being sufficiently black.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess you would deserve rest after a tough day like this... :thumbs:

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Does this mean that there are no REAL reasons for me, a conservative Christian to support Barack Obama and vote for him? I'm serious, i'm wanting any good reason...i'm more than willing to be open minded here. I'm just trying to be fair here and get some unbiased info from those who may be more educated on the issue than me.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Can you give us a more detailed description of your brand of conservatism? I just mean there seems to be a few different types out there these days that's all.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, Reagan conservative, Bush conservative, McCain conservative, Goldwater conservative, fiscal conservative, social conservative, moral conservative, liberal conservative, moderate conservative, conservative conservative, yada, yada, yada!

'Bout as many types of conservatives as there are Christians!?:thumbs::tear:

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A true conservative is both fiscally and socially conservative. Which automatically covers morally.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What could be so wrong with the conservative choice that you'd be looking at Obama anyway?

13. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Not so much anything wrong with the conservative choice, i'm just trying to understand how and why a born again, Bible believing Christian would support Barack Obama since some on here apparently fall into that category; and if they can convince me, so be it.

And as for my type of conservative: pro-life, lower taxes, strong defense, get rid of the department of education and all other unneccesary beauracracies...is that enough?

14. Daniel1654

Daniel1654 New Member

He sat under a racist preacher for 20 years, and now has lied about hearing any sermons of hate.
    He openly promotes homosexuality, abortion, and racist hate.
    What more do you need?
    If you lie to me, you have shot any credibility you might have had in the beginning.
    I was a registered republican for over 20 years. Today I'm am an independent.
    On election day I am going to write in my candidate because I don't want any of the three to represent me in matters of morality.
    I will pray to God that He gives America the president that she deserves and then pray for mercy.
    And hope the next for years go fast.
    Any of the three can do irreparable damage to this nation morally and I don't want to be responsible for the slightest bit.