1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cops Have Killed Every 8 Hours in 2015, Sending At Least Three People to Early Graves

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

God may be "taking his hand off this country", or any other for that matter. We don't know. But we do know that police shootings in the US are down quite a bit from what they were 20 - 30 years ago. How does that square with your declaration?

2. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

another false claim about police killings

"Every 28 hours an unarmed black is shot by a cop"

"When asked how often an unarmed black is shot by a cop, Marc Lamont Hill answered "every 28 hours." He then referenced a report issued by the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement and said "that every 28 hours an unarmed black person is killed."

"Either description is incorrect.

"The report, which is not an academic work, reaches its conclusion by including deaths that were not at the hands of police, deaths of blacks who were armed, car accidents, and deaths of blacks who were in aggressive or hostile situations.

The report only classified 136 of 313 deaths as unarmed, which does not support his claim that an unarmed black person is shot by police every 28 hours.

We rate the claim False".LINK

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho can tell you all about them since the liar Putin is their head. Poncho thinks that the KGB is sort of a bingo club, so I started calling them the KKKGB to remind Poncho that his hero Putin is a gestapo murderer who probably has murdered personally. Don't tell me that you like the KGB, too?

4. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Poncho has told you what he thinks. Poncho has supported his position with a mountain of evidence that you refuse to look at or consider. Poncho has made it quite plain that he is against illegal regime change and the killing of people based on ethnic differences. No matter who they are or where they live.

You on the other hand have made it quite clear that you are in favor of illegal regime change and the killing of people based on ethnic differences.

Poncho thinks that's why you refuse to answer the simple question he asked you.

"CMG, do ethnic Russian Ukrainians (Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens) have a right to live in Ukraine?"

And now after this latest post of your's Poncho thinks that you're not only proving that you favor killing people because they are different you are also proving that you will go so far as to resort to repeated attempts at character assassination and making up blatant lies about Poncho to justify your anti human stance.

Poncho thinks you have shown your true self. Poncho thinks that you have amply documented over the course of several threads that you are hateful, paranoid and completely lacking in empathy for human beings that are being murdered because they are ethnically different from those you have chosen to side with.

And that is what Poncho really thinks. I know this is what Poncho really thinks because Poncho has told me this is what he thinks himself.

Now back to the topic . . .

Racial Group most likely to be Killed by Police? Native Americans

Although police killings of African Americans have drawn considerable attention in the past year, members of a different ethnic group—Native Americans—are more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement.

According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, from 1999 to 2011, Native Americans comprise 1.9% of police killings—legal interventions in official terms—but only 0.8% of the U.S. population. The same set of statistics, analyzed by the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, showed that African Americans, 26% of the population, accounted for 13% of the people killed by police.

Over the period covered by the study, 4,531 people were killed by law enforcement, 96% of them via firearms and 96% of them men.

-Steve Straehley

To Learn More: http://www.allgov.com/news/unusual-news/racial-group-most-likely-to-be-killed-by-police-native-americans-150812?news=857179

#65 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Not so sure why some find it so hard to believe that the police are doing all this killing as the bodies continue to stack up.

7. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

According to Washington Post, the vast majority of shooting victims were armed, "...primarily guns, but also knives, machetes, revving vehicles and, in one case, a nail gun."

Sometimes the weapons turned out to be toy guns. Who knew?

We all know that there are some bad cops out there, but the majority are trying to do their job the best they know how (and have been trained). Keep in mind that nationwide, police officers interact with civilians about 63 million times every year, according to US Dept of Justice.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Just to put things into perspective, let’s take a look at the rates at which police in other countries kill their citizens.

Let’s look at our immediate neighbors to the north, Canada. The total number of citizens killed by law enforcement officers in the year 2014, was 14; that is 78 times less people than the US.

If we look at the United Kingdom, 1 person was killed by police in 2014 and 0 in 2013. English police reportedly fired guns a total of three times in all of 2013, with zero reported fatalities.

From 2010 through 2014, there were four fatal police shootings in England, which has a population of about 52 million. By contrast, Albuquerque, N.M., with a population 1 percent the size of England’s, had 26 fatal police shootings in that same time period.

China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-killed-8-hours-2015-early-graves-day/#PGEol1Hy33cgCB1l.99

Let that sink in. Law enforcement in the US killed 92 times more people than a country with nearly 1.4 billion people.

#68 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
  9. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, and according to your earlier Guardian link, "It is undeniable that police in the US often contend with much more violent situations and more heavily armed individuals than police in other developed democratic societies."

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Is this supposed to justify all the other instances of abuse perpetrated on unarmed people that are already in custody?

Or is it supposed to justify treating "civilians" aka American citizens as guilty until proven innocent?

Does it justify militarizing the police, dressing them up as combat soldiers and training them as combat soldiers and giving them weapons used in actual combat? Does it justify the illegal spying the police engage in? Does it justify the use of evidence secretly obtained through the illegal spying the government and police engage in together?

#70 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
  11. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I think that the key word here when referring to Communist China is the word recorded.

To my knowledge, as far back as the early 1950's when Communist China illegally annexed Tibet, no completely accurate accounting of deaths committed by the Communists has ever been released to the public.

Probably the same could be said for the on-again, off-again border conflicts of the dozen or so nations on Communist China's borders. Communist China has been engaged in a sometimes covert, sometimes overt conflict with the Nationalist Chinese ever since they were forced off the mainland to the island of Formosa in 1949.

Internally, millions of Chinese civilians have been executed over the last half dozen decades for crimes of which few of them were really guilty.

When it comes to accounting for people killed by the Communist-controlled police in China, I tend to view their publicly-released statistics with some suspicion.

12. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, it is not supposed to justify those things. It is supposed to "add perspective", as you did yourself.

13. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good point.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

As do I. I am against the way communist countries use of the military as police. I am against the communist use of secret evidence to convict their citizens. I am against the way communist countries spy on their citizens. I am against the way communist countries ignore the human rights of their citizens. I am against censoring information and crushing dissent. I am against incarcerating and or executing people without due process.

I don't know about you but I'm alarmed to witness our own government, police and media adopting the same tactics and justifications that communist countries have used to crush dissent and dominate their own citizens.

But what alarms me even more is witnessing "the majority" of Americans that are willingly accepting the same tactics and adopting the same justifications that made the communist's abuse and killing of their citizens possible.

#74 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
  15. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

The same also applies to countries controlled by radical Islamic militant dictatorships. They as controlling as any Communist-controlled government!

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well let's put it all into perspective.

Look at how the government engages in un constitutional behavior. Spying on us, calling us terrorists if we believe the government should follow the constitution. Claiming the authority to lock us up indefinitely or execute us without due process.

Look at how the government has been arming itself and militarizing the police while it demonizes us all, tries to take our guns and makes up "laws" to outlaw free speech and dissent. Look at how the government treats whistle blowers and journalists that expose their crimes as criminals or traitors.

Look at the whole system and how corrupt and morally bankrupt is has become.

Let's put it all into perspective. Let's look at the whole picture. The police are just one part of it.

#76 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah it does and that's why Washington supports so many of them with money and weapons. Look at how Washington uses the "divide and conquer" strategy in other countries then look at how it's using the same strategy on us. They've got the whites hating blacks and blacks hating whites, women hating men and men fearing women, gays hating straights, Mexicans hating whites and blacks.

Turn on the TV and it's just one big divide and conquer strategy on every level of society.

Call it the "liberal agenda" if you're into taking sides in this mess but I think there's more involved than a "liberal agenda". I think it's an elite agenda that liberals are just dumb enough to go along with and the conservatives are to consumed with controlling what others do and everything "liberal" to see it.

Unless this country wakes up in a hurry I'm afraid we're going to go down the same road the communist countries went down.

#77 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
  18. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, "they" haven't tracked you or I down and locked us up in Guantanamo or some such place for speaking our opinions. Maybe not nearly as dire as you think it is.
    But back on topic, police shootings are much lower than in the past. This graphic is from a Harvard study.

[​IMG]

But everyone today has a phone cam and posts on YouTube.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

poncho, you've spoken nothing but the truth. Unfortunately, it won't matter to most people until it becomes personal. Until it becomes them or their child or a member of their family or circle of friends who is killed or beaten darn near to death in police custody, it won't be real or considered the truth.

THEN the scales will fall from their eyes.

Until, there will be excuses made for why the police behavior is not "that bad".

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Where have we heard that before?

FBI: Violent crime is down, but police killing civilians is up

http://theweek.com/speedreads/441954/fbi-violent-crime-down-but-police-killing-civilians

And that's a bad thing?

Let's get back to the whole perspective . . . http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2250417&postcount=76

#80 poncho, Aug 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.