1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corona Virus may shut down food distribution centers

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wife went shopping at Walmart this am, and overheard workers discussing that Walmart in our area may have to shut down their local food and supply warehouse . See this is why people are stocking up on extra food, because it is possible the store can run out of food cause it cant get stocked in the store. This is a good reason to have a month worth of food. Be bad to find out you cant buy food and things, and not be prepared.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we need to get a grip, and the Dems and media bear the main share of fear pandering on this!
    My father grew up as a kid during great depression, was in WW II at both Normandy beach and battle of the Bulge, and that made this look like creampuff social!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Spanish flu of 1919 came from pigs, so a type of swine flu and was far worse.
    Nothing new under the sun.
    spanish flu.PNG

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even the Black plague ran its course, so we really need to learn from history!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This corona flu is much less deadly than the Spanish Swine flu was. The Spanish flu killed the young and the old some within 12 hours of getting sick. I find it interesting that young kids are not getting sick with Corona virus. The Spanish flu mutated into more virulent forms before finally dying out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you imagine what the panic will be like when the end times play out, when there will really be biblical plague going on?

7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, things get worse and worse. So the troubles start out at one level and never really gets any better. The way human history has run so far, it has been bad and worse in various places for 2000 years. We are in the last days ever since Christ came.
    Hebrews 1
    In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Of course preterists say this already happened.... but I am not one of them.

Matthew 24
    3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
    4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Daniel 9:25-27
    24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem (Cyrus the Great's proclamation) unto the Messiah the Prince (Christ come first time) shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself (Christ crucified) : and the people (Romans) of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. (war being the warfare of christians, Christ against the devil, that war ends when Christ returns the second time and He destroys the devil and the evil things of this world, 2 thessalonians 1 and 2, Daniel 7:11-14 and forward to chapter end)

27 And he (Christ) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (with His resurrection, the OC is gone) , and for the overspreading of abominations (Jerusalem is a wicked evil people) he shall make it desolate (Jerusalem), even until the consummation (Christ's return and the final judgement), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (Destruction) . (Desolate are the wicked of Jerusalem destroyed by the Romans, desolate because God has abandoned them and they will receive no aid from Him)

#8 Scott Downey, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is extremely irresponsible rumor mongering. You should be ashamed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HARDLY! this is about being better prepared. Recall the childhood story of the grasshopper and the ant.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your wife literally overheard gossip and you are repeating it. The exact definition of rumor mongering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reading last night the Spanish had a 3% death rate. The COVID-19 is currently averaging a 7.4% death rate in Italy. The ONLY reason this disease could be considered "less deadly" than the flu is that so far this highly contagious virus has been kept from spreading through people taking it very seriously and not blowing it off as just another flu. Further, if it were to spread, and it is also more contagious that the Spanish flu it could be 2 1/2 times as "deadly". Its time to stop comparing this to the flu and telling others to poofoo it off.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just an observation

PANDEMIC

DEM PANIC

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may have missed it here, but Italy has done nothing right since the inception. The minute things went south for them, their answer was to NOT treat the elderly. That is the final answer to socialized medicine. If you are not a vibrant, healthy, producer, you are expendable. Here is how well the socialized countries stack up in critical care hospital beds, we are, as Trump reminds us, the best, no matter how the left tries to say we suck & we need to go their way. We don’t.
    C656622A-7323-4A41-85A5-9B1E7A2AED46.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump tests negative. 2020 DEM PANIC

• Like Like x 2
  16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I care deeply for the welfare of the elderly. I work with them 2 days a week, not because I need the money but because I take joy in getting out and visiting with them as I train them so they can continue being mobile and I am rewarded by seeing them walk again and gain their independence and quality of life.

The death rate in nursing homes could be 15%+ and THIS should give us all great reason to take the spread of this disease very seriously!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    US will never run out of beds for people, they can commandeer the hotels and motels. Which would be a boon for their business and employees too. These viruses can not survive more than a few days away from a host. The outer shell of a corona virus is made up of weak lipid chemical bonds, they simply fall apart when exposed to soap, alcohol, sunlight and time. Sitting on rough surfaces actually tears them apart. When they dry out they break apart. They are like a loosely constructed collection of parts, susceptible to many environmental forces. If they become a pile of viral pieces they are totally inactivated, they are dissolved.

Check that out here
    A chemistry professor explains: why soap is so good at killing COVID-19

All you need is soap and water. I was also told, hot humid weather binds water to the viruses and they fall to the ground and are destroyed, so they do not stay around in hot humid air.

#18 Scott Downey, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  19. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 Wheel drive. A country boy can survive."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A 3yo girl who would have been my aunt died in the 1918-19 epidemic. My mother, who was then 6yo, obviously survived.