1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corporate Election

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    either it is right or not? you cannot say just another "way". Calvinism teaches the death of Jesus Christ was only to save the "elect"; the rest of Evangelical Christianity disagrees. Are these all teaching a "false" Doctrine on the death of Jesus? Only one can be right and the other wrong! The wrong can only be "heresy", which is "false doctrine". It is that simple!

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not dispute that some assignments fall outside the principles I find in Scriptures, but that is true with other theories as well.

What is valuable is that you do recognize what is true, and what is not within that thinking. That is as The Apostle expresses one should sift everything through the Scriptures to hold that which is correct as gold and discard the rest.

I personally must modify the “L” of tulip to fit what I consider much more consistent to the Scriptures.

You also would push back (if I am correct) with the depavity “T” as being total. Yet, if I recall correctly, you agree with some kind of prevenient/preceding Grace.

That means you actually do hold to total depravity being also total inability. For it is inconsistent to have God making some provision of Grace if the person is, out of their own innate freedom of the fallen will, able to achieve salvation outside such grace.

Am I correct in how your thinking goes thus far?

3. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not much care for man-made definitions like "total depravity" or "total inability", as they do not fully represent what the Bible actually teaches. Jesus says that spiritual dead, "shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live" (John 5:25). Which says that even though ALL the spiritual dead (lost) WILL hear the Gospel Message, only those who "hear as to accept" this Message, will be saved. It ALL were "dead" as to not be able to "respond", then they cannot "hear". Nor can God, "command all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30), if they cannot, because they have not been thus "enabled" by the Holy Spirit.

4. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who came from the SDA, do you claim that yours is the ONLY way to be saved?

If so, the SDA is rightly called a CULT. Only cults claim "to have a corner on Absolute Truth."

Christian denominations, Calvinist or Arminian, AGREE on the fundamentals of the Christian faith. They
    DO NOT claim "to have a corner on Absolute Truth," and substitute their own ideas for historical doctrine.
    BOTH Calvinist AND Arminian believers will be found in heaven.

For example, both the Witnesses and the SDA teach that Christ is the Archangel Michael. This is a
    blasphemous substitution of MEN'S ideas for the Historical Doctrine of Who Christ Is. Christ is unquestionably GOD, not a Created Being!

In addition, both cults teach "Soul Sleep." The dead are not conscious. There are many Scriptures to
    refute this idea of MAN. But the best comes from the words of our Lord HIMSELF. In Luke 16, not only
    are the dead conscious, but the Rich Man experiences the flames of Hell! This is no parable. A name
    is mentioned. Lazarus. Jesus never named individuals in his parables. Note that both the Jehovah's
    Witnesses and the SDA teach that there is no Hell. God is too loving, they say.

Other doctrines could be mentioned.

Perhaps Bob Ryan will get genuinely saved!

5. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    what has this got to do with anything that I have said?

6. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a PHONY and a FALSE teacher like all SDA and JW's!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you can't accept any truth if it does not agree with your "system". Too much depending on TC!

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, for those who hold to Jesus died for all still see Him saving sinners....

Those like SDA really do hold with and teach another/false Gospel!

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utter nonsense, everyone was bought with a price, even those never to be saved.

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt TC is monitoring at this time. But if you think the post inappropriate, then report it so that the administration will be aware.

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is ransom theory, in which some debt was due to either God or Satan.

It is not a Scriptural view, for God gave, He was never bought off.

The Ransom Theory is just ugly and is truly “utter nonsense.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am talking of Mr Davis' unhealthy "dependence" of TC, whom he seems to mention to me far too much!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that the Bible states that Jesus saved and purchase some back, as He was and is the High Priest over the many, but not the all!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God was not "bought off", but there was a sin debt owed to Him for us breaking His Law!

15. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABSOLUTELY right, Y1!

According to Paul in Galatians, they are accursed by God. No true believer can ever fall from Grace.
    They cling to the Law for salvation, so they were NEVER in Grace to begin with!

16. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ransom Theory is vigorously advanced by BOTH the SDA and JWs!

agedman may disagree with me, and I with him, sometimes.

HERE he is Absolutely Right!

17. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believers owe a debt of love, as the song by Isaac Watts would lyric,
    But drops of grief can ne’er repay
    The debt of love I owe;
    Here Lord, I give myself away:
    ’Tis all that I can do.
    Sin pays a wage, it isn’t a debt to be paid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem not to understand. People do not reject Christ because of some physical incapability; They reject Him because of their own wicked hearts. They do indeed REFUSE to believe although it is obvious that the universe could not have created itself. They don't WANT to believe because they don't want to acknowledge God. So their inability is moral and for that they are culpable.

But God in His mercy has decreed salvation for a vast crowd of guilty sinners and has given them to the Son to redeem and to the Spirit to seal for the day of Redemption (Ephesians 1:3-14). He has redeemed them at measureless cost, and not one of them will be lost (John 6:39 etc.).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh he, like many others, understand your position quite well. The fact that you have accused him of not understanding shows it is you who doesn't understand. The thing you are not understanding is that while he and I fully understand your errant position we will argue for the truth of scripture. Once you begin to understand that you will be at peace.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.