1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Costi Hinn's testimony on how he got out of his uncle's word of faith movement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Aug 7, 2019.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has blessed me this morning more than I can say. Costi Hinn, Benny Hinn's nephew, is now a pastor of a church and completely rejects the Hinn empire that he was entrenched in for many years.

He is well spoken, not hateful, calm, cites facts only, cites scriptures he read each and every time he was convicted of the heresy of the Hinn empire.

It's long....about 57 minutes. Start at 1:48 to skip over the introductory part. Just to hear the Biblical truth come out of a man's mouth against these teachings is strengthening.

At the end, he is asked why do these word of faith preachers do what they do. He said, "power, greed, and darkness."

I loved how he said when he first brought his new wife to those Hinn crusades to be slain in the spirit and forced to speak in tongues so that his family would accept her that she resisted all of that. Couldn't speak in tongues and didn't "fall" easily. She told him that she felt the whole thing was "creepy" and "weird".

He said he KNOW understands that a sheep will always hear the shepherd's voice and at those kinds of meetings, it is NOT the shepherd, Jesus, speaking. She was hearing the true shepherd's voice that this was not of God.

If you have time, please listen. The thumbnail picture here does not reflect ANYTHING inside the video at all. I hate it when they do that.