1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could God have saved everyone?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by whetstone, Aug 12, 2005.

1. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to love this guy. ;)

I still find it difficult to attain the level of understanding of how God enjoys intentionally making johnp and ascund argue with each other. God intentionally enjoys making johnp know all what is correct and intentionally makes others somewhat correct and intentionally makes johnp point out to others that they are incorrect (when in actuality they are correct, because God Himself is making them speak that way).

I guess we can't say "the devil made me do it" (even though such is often an excuse for wrongdoing), but "God made me do it."

2. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a lot of respect for Calvinists. Like ascund, I would say that Calvinists are closer to the truth than full-fledged Arminians. However, the above to me seems more hyper than a "hyper". ;)

Oh well, if God does indeed directly control absolutely everything everyone does all the time, then what makes the Bible any more inspired than my pitiful blabbering here? God is still the One Who made it happen.

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello AresMan.

I see you don't know Calvinism if you say Lloyd is and I'm hyper hyper. You have a lot of respect for Calvinists? You should then know what it teaches.
    I see you have the same trouble as him, lack of scripture big on opinion. :cool: Where's your scripture?

john.

4. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey johnp

He didn't say I was a Calvinist. He said that, like me, he agreed that Calvinists are closer to the truth.

I try to give the total picture. I don't think Calvinists deny Christ on purpose as do the Arminians. The Calvinist denigration of the sovereign God comes unwittingly as they try to uplife our Great and Glorious Father.

While denigrating God is still an error, Calvinists understand justification.

Lloyd

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Lloyd.

So he did my error again. They are coming from paying half a mind instead of it all. Keep watch I'll make some more soon.

God says that He will bring a famine of the word I reckon this is it.

john.

6. ascund

ascund New Member

Oh oh.

I am in the medically determined middle stages of alzheimer's. I take Cognex. I sometimes operate as if I'm in a fog. I forget lots of things - everything but Bible it seems. I can't recall the references so good, but the concepts are like the glory of the sun is dispelling the darkness.

Lloyd

7. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Johnp

I applaud your staunch affirmation of Calvin's error. [​IMG] I don't agree with it but I appreciate a person with convictions.

Absolutely </font>[/QUOTE]So even if the truth of a balanced view of God’s sovereign election and free will is presented – it has no effect on you for you choose theology over Bible.

So even if the truth of universal atonement is presented – it has no effect on you for you choose theology over Bible.

So even if the truth of eternal security by way of God’s covenantal faithfulness is presented – it has no effect on you for you choose theology over Bible.

I can disprove three letters of T-U-L-I-P. Since Calvinism is a tightly coherent system, disproving any one of the letters is the equivalent of felling the whole system. Since I can disprove three, it is the equivalent of blowing Calvin’s error to smithereens – as in a nuclear blast.

I can pound you with Bible to no avail. This proves that wisdom comes from God’s Spirit – not from correct teaching in a forum.
    Lloyd

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Lloyd.

The half a mind was about me not you. Have you obeyed James 5:14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. If not why not? Do you see that you are condescending? :cool:

I've got two, both for drug use. :cool: What you have by nature, a poor memory, I would pay for. :cool: My convictions have me round the neck I cannot take credit for them. My opinions I hold, my convictions though hold me and they have allowed me to see the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. You would have that glory emptied and the cross of no avail. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matt 1:21.

He will save His people. :cool: "He is the LORD; let him do what is good in his eyes." That secures the 'U' and 'I'.

It's my error not Calvin's if error there is. I have concluded in Sovereignity that the word says it all. What of you? No you say He is sovereign but not Sovereign? Yes and no?

Your balanced view being man elects himself? HaHa! :cool: Sure, and hate means love and election means not election and war means peace. You sure that's the bible you have and not a work of fiction? I have no control over what I believe but God made me alive.

Eph 2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. That secures the 'T' the 'U' the 'L' and the 'I'.

It can't be clearer than that can it? :cool:

As many know on BB I like to get old Eli out every now and again and take the old boy out for a walk. I can't imagine how you have not met him who had such a thing happen. He had his whole house condemned and losing his children to a firely everlasting death not dying he stands tall as a man and says: "He is the LORD; let him do what is good in his eyes." 1 Sam 3:18.
    I put it in simple terms. God swore on oath not to provide for Eli's house an atonement or sacrifice. So I ask you how can there be a universal atonement when some had no atonement made for them? Answer required. The scripture: 1 Sam 3:13 For I told him that I would judge his family forever because of the sin he knew about; his sons made themselves contemptible, and he failed to restrain them. 14 Therefore, I swore to the house of Eli, `The guilt of Eli's house will never be atoned for by sacrifice or offering.' " That's the 'L' secured by Eli and his brush with limited atonement.

Try it in English please.

As you say. As you say, "One's enough."

Make a nice change man when you gonna start? :cool:

ISA 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
    but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

john.

9. here now

here now Member

10. OCC

OCC Guest

ascund...I'm getting tired of reading this false statement "...a Christ-denying Arminian...". I know many Arminians who don't deny Christ and I think you had better get your stuff straight before you make another false accusation such as that. peace.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

I apologize for my tone...but the fact remains...there are many Arminians who do not deny Christ.