1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could I get some feedback on this site?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by davidgunter, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

You may want to freshen up some...

Man, you don't know what self-control is. I am at perfect peace and in a pleasant calm state. Just wanted to let you know I disagree. This is, afterall, a forum where people speak back and forth. Otherwise, we must all be more in line with temperance and not post at all. You first!

2. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Not even taking into account secular history regarding the length of the Lord's hair, do you think He'd shame himself?

1 Cor. 11:14-15.

3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I try not to take secular history into account over the Bible.

On shame, yes he obviously did.

Isaiah 50:6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Do you not think it was shameful to be naked upon a cross?

He became a curse, and he BORE my shame.

Without malice I ask you, what are some other examples from the Bible that would support the short hair theory?

4. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Are you also of the league that says Jesus was clean shaven or close trimmed regarding his beard?

5. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Alright, my apologies for helping to hijack this thread. I don't care to start a new one, but surely this thread "Did Jesus Have Long or Short Hair?" or something similar has been done, and probably redone... am I correct?

If it hasn't, someone take the pleasure of beginning that, it is bedtime here. Sorry for the hijack, it got your site some more exposure though...

6. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

"Shame" in Hebrews 12:2 is,
    (BDAG)

Shame in 1 Corinthians 11:13 is atimia which is akin to "shameful passions" (BDAG).

Perhaps the Holy Spiript used a different word there so people wouldn't confused "shame" from long hair to "shame" regarding our Lord's sufferings on the cross.

Also, we know from the Bible that the Lord did have a beard up until it was plucked out right before his crucifixtion. :tear:

But however, He arose again, and all is well. :thumbs:

7. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I don't mind continuing this discussion but like I said last night, it needs to be on another thread.