1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could this be the stone?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by aefting, Jul 17, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    --------------------------------------------------
    Psalm 12:7, KJV-"...thou shalt preserve them..."

Psalm 12:7, Geneva Bible-"...thou shalt preserve him..."

Michelle:It is EVIDENCED that God has PRESERVED this word as "THEM" in this verse in our language.

So, the Geneva Bible is NOT the word of God?

But you lack FAITH in God's CONTROL/GUIDANCE over his words in our language, so you cannot SEE and therefore UNDERSTAND this, nor can you understand the CONTEXT of that passage of scripture, because if you did, you would understand this simple truth and not be arguing it.

There's nothing to understand past what's written. Those very translators whom you say God influenced wrote, in their note:

Heb. him, i. euery one of them.

This isn't anything from ME; these are THEIR words. But YOU know more than they did about the Hebrew they were translating; therefore if their translation doesn't fit the KJVO myth, they blew it.

You're getting in over your head, M'am.

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:You have not proven one thing and have only denied the proof given to you.

A.) We've proven the man-made origins of the KJVO myth beyond any doubt.

B.) YOU haven't proven anything except you can type fast & are no stranger to spin.

The EVIDENCE of the words of God and the truth in the words of God reveals it.

Then you should believe GOD and not some man-made myth.

3. michelle

michelle New Member

I don't believe that if God's words were altered, he would allow that to stand as His preserved pure words, as HE would see fit to CORRECT it, as HE promised he would preserve his pure words for every generation, and forever.

Then the very fact of the existence and popularity of the MVs you seem to detest should dispel your KJVO myth. Or, is this another of your oxymorons or points of convenience that you believe only when it agrees with the KJVO myth?

God's words have never been nor should ever be judged by or up for a "popularity" contest. God's words are known by the faithful and are alive and are found in His churches. God's words are GIVEN TO US and PRESERVED FOR US through and by the CONTROL and providence and will of GOD, and NOT by or through the control and will of MEN.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. michelle

michelle New Member

What errors? What you call errors are simply things that don't jive with the KJV. You cannot prove they're real errors.

NO, they are things that don't "jive" with the already ESTABLISHED words of God in the English language.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Difference is, YOU see His hand ONLY in the KJV while WE see His hand in EVERY valid English version.

Michelle:How is it you see His hand in every English version, when you can't even SEE his hand in what HE'S ALREADY DONE?

Here ya go again, saying in effect that I reject the KJV. And what has He already done? YOU reject the reading of Ps. 12:7 as found in the geneva Bible, which was made before the AV. And for the umpteenth time, where does God say He was gonna retire in 1611?

If you did see His hand in every version, how then is it that you can say that you do not make God a liar? How then can you claim you can be your own JUDGE as to what is or isn't God's words when you determine on your own what is "valid"?

That's a KJVO thing, rejecting His word in a version you don't like. The KJVO is acting as judge.

You have no final authority to Judge what is valid one to the other, except by your "own" reasoning and judgement, which as a result is saying you are your final authority. My proof? You reject the GB reading of Ps. 12:7 while accepting the AV reading-while ignoring the footnote the AV translators wrote. They were explaining why they used a PLURAL pronoun, and that it referred to PEOPLE, I.E. "him" in the note.

Which is EXACTLY what YOU'RE doing. YOU are denying the validity of God's word except in YOUR chosen version.

You say you're not KJVO, but you simply will NOT name any other specific version you believe we should use besides the KJV. You say you've provided proof, but in reality your "proof" is dubious at best, mostly, flat-out NOTHING to do with the subject you say you're proving.

Gotta go to work. Try to dream up more excuses to believe the KJVO myth this PM...and don't forget to either post a statement you allege to me or to admit you were mistaken...or prove yourself a liar. Have a nice day.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a joke. Where did God "establish" his "words" in the English language.

Chapter and verse, please.

7. michelle

michelle New Member

Not so!

Michelle, this is an example of The Anglo-KJVO error compounded by circular reasoning and indeed must be treated by the judgment of believers (such as the Bereans) from the beginning.

Acts 17:11
    These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Please show us where the Bible (any version) where it says or even infers that the KJV or any translation is the Only Word of God or even infers the same.

HankD

And you cannot search the scriptures daily, if they are not PROVIDED FOR YOU BY GOD in your OWN language. This is a fact. Therefore the Hebrew and Greek today is USELESS to the common ENGLISH SPEAKING people of not only today, but the past also. When there was a NEED for it (English translation), GOD saw to it it was DONE, and INDEED IT WAS. Are you denying this?

Your comparison of things is irrelevant to not only this issue, but my faith in what God has provided already and what he has said concerning it and the FACTS and EVIDENCE of this issue. The Latin Vulgate is NOT what is being discussed here, but the very words of God in English from the Hebrew and Greek texts of God's very words, which were texts from the believing churches throughout the centuries that God provided for us, and generations of believes in and from the TRUE CHURCHES.

Nice try though, to try to spin it from the issue and truth again through irrelevant things.

michelle

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Yes, I do-the irrelevance, that is. If a Bible isn't made from the Greek & Hebrew sources which are as close to the originals as possible, then it's not a valid Bible. Since we don't have the originals, we must use what we DO have.

Here you go again with your OWN JUDGEMENT, void of and LACKING in not only FAITH in God's very own words ABOUT His very own words, but lacking the scriptures as your means of judgement and as your foundation. You have become the judge and your own final authority. Rather than believing and trusting that God said HE would provide them for you (as well as doubting the evidence he has), you would rather believe that you must FIND them yourself (as if they were lost, and God has lied, to which he cannot, and does not), and to do that make up your "own mind" with your "own" standards and reasoning as to what God has said. You are setting yourself up for deception, if your trust regarding this issue, is in yourself, and/or other men, rather than God Almighty himself as he reveals in His words.

we must use what we DO have

NO, we must use what GOD has PROVIDED ALREADY and made evident to all and go by HIS standards and HIS JUDGEMENTS that he has laid down regarding HIS own WORDS concerning his words, rather than going by OUR OWN judgements or reasonings first.

michelle

9. Anti-Alexandrian

That's all well and good,but you failed to answer my question..

I asked:what makes the Esubio/Origenistic/Alexandrian "bibles" equal to the Bibles from Reformation texts? Again,the soap box is your's.

10. michelle

michelle New Member

it is unwise (even by innuendo) to compare your own choices as superior to the choices of your brother or sister.

Give us evidence or Scripture to back up your claims or you will convince no one but spin not only your own wheels (as is evident) but everyone elses.

HankD

I don't have a choice in what is God's word because I have no control, nor anyone else has control over his words and they ARE EVIDENT. God has control over his word and his words are made available to and known by his faithful. I believe in and trust God has provided, because HE said he would, and I couldn't be saved if they weren't. When I see something claiming to be God's words, that have altered his words, I know from God's very own words (and the indwelling Spirit of Truth)they are not HIS words, because God himself has made clearly known the importance of every one of his words and the clear warnings to those that would change (add/subtract/changed meanings) them. My stand and my belief is supported by the scriptures. I and many others have given you all that specific scriptural support to which you all deny, and distort the meaning. This I cannot help you with. You might want to look at this without the labels, and then you might see.

michelle

11. michelle

michelle New Member

If you ignore any Greek or Hebrew texts and use only the KJV 1611/1762/1769 as your standard than all of the MV differ from your standard.

It has been explained to you all over and over again why this statement of yours is NOT TRUE.
    I am done explaining this to you. Go back and read all of my posts, as well as others posts, you will find the answer I (and many others) already gave. You have asked, and I have freely given, many times. You have chosen to ignore the truth in the answer (repeatedly given you all, by myself and many others), maybe because you just plain do not want to understand and/or don't care and are just arguing for the sake of arging. I don't know your reason, but you should want to understand and you should want to care because this is a very important issue. Ignoring the repetitive answers given to your repetive questions to only ask of it again, is just plain rude, argumentative and avoiding this issue again. Why is it that you all keep building up the straw man?

michelle

12. michelle

michelle New Member

Entirely wrong. Please cut & paste any post from any message board where I've said any such thing, or you'll have proven yourself a liar.

You are the lying one. You have made it clear in many of and the entirety of your posts, that you believe we do not have God's pure words in every generation up until today. Go look it up yourself. This is what you believe. You have said that you only believe the origionals were pure. This is NOT what God has said about his words. So you are not only claiming that I am lying, you are claiming also that God is a liar because of your belief in this man made myth.

michelle

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all you say the Greek and Hebrew is USELESS, then you say when there was a need for an English translation, God saw to it.

But, USELESS as these manuscripts were, He somehow provided these USELESS Hebrew and Greek manuscripts to the KJV translators to be translated rather than give the English Bible directly to them. How does this work michelle? He provides these USELESS manuscripts only when you say that He may?

Second, personally, I can search the Scriptures in other than my own language since I am trained in the original languages of the Bible.

Third, you did not show me a Scripture in my OWN language or any other language in the KJV or any other version which says anything concerning the KJV or any translation being the Only Authorized Word of God.

It is most certainly relevant michelle seeing that 1) the Church of England (who made their translation from these “USELESS” Greek and Hebrew manuscripts) descended from and retained many of the dogma and heresy of the Church of Rome to this very day including their love of the Latin Vulgate. 2) The first Bibles translated by the Church of England into English were directly from the Vulgate. And 3) the KJV translators introduced several unique readings into their English text from the Vulgate. 4) they included the Vulgate Apocrypha in their First Edition and several to follow. BTW, if God provided us with the 1611AV, why did He also therefore provide us with the Church of Rome source of heresy and corrupted Apocrypha sandwiched in between the “pure” Words of God of the Old and New Testaments? Did He make a mistake? Apocrypha die-hards can still purchase a KJV Bible with the Apocrypha authorized by the Church of England.

Not so, the source(s) and history of the KJV Bible is totally relevant.

You used the phrase above “the TRUE CHURCHES”.

Why then aren’t you a member of the Church of England?
    You put your stamp of approval on their Bible which according to you God provided (Apocrypha and all).

Do you approve of all their doctrine and history of persecution and murder of our dissenting forefathers?

The usual ad hominems michelle along with the usual ploy that I/we have been given these elusive Scriptures which you say we have denied which somehow you cannot now seem to provide or remember.

HankD

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is absolutely true. So why is it that you have annointed yourself as the authority of what is and is not God's Word? You don't point to factual or biblical evidence as the source of your belief. You point to your own decision on the matter. You say that the KJV is "God's words". We have proven scripturally, historically, and with internal KJV proofs that you are wrong. The KJV is a translation by first rate scholars of a collated original language text.

You say that evidence has been presented. Evidence has occasionally been presented that shows that the MV's are imperfect. We haven't said they weren't. Evidence has been presented that MV's differ from the KJV. We haven't said they weren't. What you have not proven, ever, is that only the KJV is God's Word in English. Nor have you proven that none of the MV's qualify as God's Word.

Go ahead and spit it out Michelle. Are you saying that only you and those who agree with you on the KJV are "his faithful"?

Let me list a few people who disagree(d) with you on the KJV who I would list as "faithful": Charles Spurgeon, John R Rice, RA Torrey, John Gill, John Bunyan, Charles Wesley, CI Scofield, Bob Jones (I, II, & III), the founders of the BBFI (of which your church is a member),... do you want me to go on?
    No you don't. You keep repeating that because you find security in such statements even as you are proven categorically wrong in every assertion you make.

You believe that God should have done it the way you would dictate to Him. That is not the same as discerning and actually trusting the way He decided to do it.
    I hope you are not saying that unless the KJV is the only version of God's Word in English then you aren't saved?

It is a dangerous thing to add extra-biblical requirements to salvation. If your salvation is in any way predicated on your beliefs about the KJV then you better check up.
    For the billionth time Michelle, please provide an ounce of proof that the KJV is made up of "God's words" rather than the translation choices of the KJV translators. If they are God's words, why did the translators use any other resources at all. Why didn't they just write as the Spirit moved like the writers of the originals did?
    If you have an indwelling spirit that is telling you that the KJV contains God's very own words then that spirit should be validated by scripture or else it is not the Spirit of God. And, since the KJV says nothing like what you believe about the KJV.... you need to get rid of that spirit that is lying to you.
    YOU are changing God's Word Michelle. That warning is to you.

You claim that the KJV is "God's words". That is extra-biblical doctrine. It cannot be substantiated from the KJV itself. Psalm 12:6-7 doesn't apply to the KJV. The KJV didn't exist when those words were inspired. Your interpretation of this verse changes the meaning of the text.
    Where Michelle? Only when scripture is vainly twisted and distorted can you even come close... and that is a violation of the command not to add to God's Word.
    Michelle, the Bible gives qualifications for men who can receive direct, divine inspiration. Prophets, holy men of old, and Apostles were biblically qualified. The KJV translators and Erasmus were none of these. As best we know, Erasmus died an unrepentant Roman Catholic who had rejected Luther's "salvation by grace alone" arguments.

15. michelle

michelle New Member

But that's EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING! The plain, clear evidence is that God has provided His word in English in many versions. Was the KJV the first English-language Bible? Are there any two English Bibles exactly alike? Where is there any proof that God allowed all of them to be made, and then chose only one version & declared the others bogus?

The evidence that was provided to you all, and the scriptures to show you that what we believe is true please read:

Deuteronomy 8

2. And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
    3. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
    4. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.
    5. Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.
    6. Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

Psalms 1

1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
    4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
    5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
    6. For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Psalms 11

1. In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?
    2. For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
    3. If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
    4. The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
    5. The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
    6. Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    7. For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Psalms 12

1. Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
    2. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
    3. The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
    4. Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
    5. For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
    6. The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    7. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
    8. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Psalms 19

1. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
    2. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
    3. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
    4. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
    5. Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
    6. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
    7. The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
    8. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
    9. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
    10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
    11. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
    12. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
    13. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
    14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Proverbs 3

1. My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
    2. For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
    3. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
    4. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
    5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
    7. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Psalms 119

89. For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
    90. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
    91. They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
    92. Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
    93. I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
    94. I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
    95. The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
    96. I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
    97. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
    98. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
    99. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
    100. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
    101. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
    102. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
    103. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
    104. Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
    105. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    106. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
    107. I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word.
    108. Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me thy judgments.
    109. My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
    110. The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.
    111. Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
    112. I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
    113. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
    114. Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
    115. Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.
    116. Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
    117. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
    118. Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.

Proverbs 30

1. The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,
    2. Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
    3. I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
    4. Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
    5. Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    6. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Matthew 5

12. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
    13. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
    14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
    15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
    16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 4

1. And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.
    2. And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,
    3. Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
    4. And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
    5. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
    6. But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
    7. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
    8. And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
    9. And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    10. And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
    11. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
    12. That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
    13. And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
    14. The sower soweth the word.
    15. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
    16. And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
    17. And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
    18. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
    19. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
    20. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
    21. And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
    22. For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
    23. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 4

1. And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
    2. Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
    3. And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
    4. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Luke 21

29. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
    30. When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
    31. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
    32. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
    33. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
    34. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

John 16

12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

2 Timothy 3

1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
    9. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
    10. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
    11. Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
    12. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Revelation 22

6. And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
    7. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
    8. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    9. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
    10. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
    16. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
    17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
    18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

...and there are many more that I could give. If you don't understand how these scriptures apply, please refer to John 16.

michelle

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle, Which of those scriptures says anything about the KJV being the only valid English translation much less being "God's very own words"?

17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I was ALMOST anti-KJV. I almost did something AGAINST the KJV. I would say "the KJV is an inferior translation" "KJV is HARD to READ" I woould negatively say against the KJV.

I thank God for not being "anti-KJV" because the Holy Spirit showed me the TRUTH that I realized why. The Holy Spirit knows which English Bible translation is most accurate. It is the KJV.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God never inspired these word Michelle. The inspired writers of scripture DID NOT KNOW ENGLISH OF ANY VINTAGE.

These words represent the scholarly translation choices of 17th century Anglican scholars who neither claimed inspiration nor were biblically qualified to receive direct inspiration.

19. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Can't you see the KJV is alive for almost 400 years? Can't you see the KJV does not DIE right now? The Word of God is alive. Therefore God gave you His ONE Book for your ONE language. This is the KJV. It is still alive. Praise God!

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No He doesn't. There are no scriptures that tell you this and God is no longer in the business of new revelation.

You can believe the KJV is the most accurate and still not try to denigrate or demean other faithful versions or the people who helped produce them.

BTW, the discussion isn't about "most accurate". You and the others make it about "only".