1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured covenantal or dispensational

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold to the Dispy view epoused by the staff of DTS, such as Dr Bock!

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:sleep::sleep::sleep:.....AND........No one cares....or is presently supporting this view..............:sleep:

3. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

No, not remotely...what [edit] told you that? It isn't Scriptural...Scofield was aware of Two, and only two resurrections...they are clearly outlined in the gospel of John...The resurrection of the righteous..and the resurrection of the damned...I think those who don't OWN..said Scofield Bible have no clue what he taught...I am not at all surprised. Why would they??? Windmills...............:sleep::sleep:

I think you anti-dispy crowd are taking too many things too literally....ease up some.. You guys are becoming boorish.

#23 HeirofSalvation, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  4. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

BINGO!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So pray tell when do you and Scofield believe the resurrection of the righteous to take place considering you do believe in a rapture, tribulation, and mil kingdom???

#25 Greektim, Jul 30, 2012
  6. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW... are you referring to the old or new scofield notes?

7. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems Scofield held a view that not many of the revised Dispos believe. However, his note at 1 Cor. 15:52 does indicate that even in the resurrection of the righteous, the "1" resurrection is actually split up at the rapture and then for the trib martyrs at the end of the trib. One thing he doesn't deal with is what happends to the mortal saints who exit the trib and enter the MK. When do they get resurrection? So this still proves my point. Scofield saw multiple resurrections. His view explains as much.

8. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

You are a non-dispensationalist, claiming to speak for what Cyril thought...I only use the OLD Scofield notes...and refuse to use the NEW ones...and I am aware of the difference... ask him...I couldn't care less what you think he believed or what you think a "dispy" believes...no one is going to defend retarded eschatological notions...and you are demanding that they do. I have used Old Scofield Reference all my life...and I would Never refer to these "Multiple" resurrections as you apparently do...There are two...the resurrection of the righteous, and the ressurection of the damned...they are clearly outlined in the gospel of John...and I read it in my Old Scofield Bible...and always have..say whatever you want "Greek-Tim-or Greek-Bob-or Greek-Harry"...Scofield was not so unintellible in English though...no one will defend the numerous resurrection policy you are demanding we defend...no one...I await any dispy-hater to quote anyone on BB to do thus..... Again..........the non-dispy haters are......becoming, what's the word?? BOOOOORRING!!! :sleeping_2::sleeping_2:

#28 HeirofSalvation, Jul 30, 2012
  9. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

OLD sir....OLD...I use none else. Deal with it.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Yes.....here it is. Then when anyone zeros in on the target....you just keep moving it so they cannot hit it:wavey::laugh::thumbs::laugh:

11. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hit a nerve... calm down. No need for such a negative attitude.

And I did point out a reference where Scofield refers to multiple resurrections for the righteous, and noted a deficiency in his view that you failed to address.

This is not to mention that your modern academic dispo will defend multiple resurrections. I know b/c I use to be in that community. I can speak authoritatively on this. I can give you my dispensational credentials if you want them. But that's not the point.

My point is that you didn't address what I brought out about Scofield and instead attacked me. Refute my point about his note in 1 cor 15:52. Address the defieciency in his view (and probably in your view since you believe in the trib and MK).

If you are honest enough... then answer these questions:

1) Do you believe all of the OT and church saints are resurrected at the Rapture?

2) Do you believe that the martyred trib saints are resurrected at the end of the trib like Scofield said?

3) Do you believe the mortal saints who survive the trib will enter the kingdom in order to populate the world and thus be the reason that sin endures despite Satan being bound? If so, when do those saints experience resurrection?

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Cyrus Ingerson Scofield

13. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

#33 HeirofSalvation, Jul 30, 2012
  14. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Yeah....that guy...I've read him for decades....never got the insane ideas from him that you apparently got....maybe he said 'em, maybe he didn't....just didn't get the insane notions you apparently gleaned from him that you appear to....all I'm sayin.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one hates dispensationalists. They hate the false system like many hate Rc doctrines...but want catholics to be saved.

Even Scofield, John Mac....or others....taught and do teach many good things.
    I still have one or two of my scofield bibles at the house.
    It is the error that gets opposed, in favor of truth.You do not see the same level of anger directed at historic premills like Ladd, or Spurgeon.
    There views were not full of the errors of dispensational teaching that is being spoken of.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

HOSS you are foaming at the mouth! Calm down!

God is good, here in the mecca of dispensationalism He guided me away from Scofield.

17. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

This seems to be a reasonable post...but a comparison between the errors of R.C.C. and "dispensatianalism"? Is this warranted?

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    An illustration that is easily understood works:thumbs:

Many have moved away from the classic dispensational position,which is good.

Unless rev mac...or thomas want to try and defend it.

No one is asking you to defend this wrong view. if you look back in this thread you will see that OR....was not wrong in what he said.You just do not know of it.
    I still have some of my believers chapel tapes,,,saying we only need a scofield bible,and strongs coccordance to find truth.

Look up S.Lewis Johnson tapes.....he was a godly man...5pointer...sort of like John Macarthur.....he always presented the classic view.

19. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

I seriously do not "foam at the mouth" in reference to dispensationalism sir......I really don't...I think that you do. I don't like mis-representation is all.....I know two things only...I have read Scofield for years...and apparently...according to you, I therefore believe in something like seven (count them) SEVEN different Resurrections??? No...not really. I seriously could care less OR...about eschatology (generally speaking)....I simply don't "foam at the mouth" at ANY interpretation...I only take marginal umbrage at the idea that any reader of the OSRB MUST (by definition) believe in 7 different ressurections...I studied my OSRB....and I identified two, sir...two.. You are the one who "foams at the mouth".....not I, I could not care less what anyone believes about this topic...Again, I am no expert, and I love to hear anyone's take on the topic.

20. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Please quote Scofield speaking of 7 different "resurrections" sir...please quote him. Where does he say such?