1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covid Faith

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Hannahande, Aug 18, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it is true nonetheless.

Christians are vaccinated and unvacvinated. But they behave as Christians.

Why do you believe it is appropriate to slander and insult other people simply for disagreeing with you?

2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your innuendos are insults. You dish them out frequently. It's your way of twisting the rules of this forum. You are a divider.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partially right.

I do sometimes insult people....but not with innuendo (sometimes the shoe just fits and people identify).

I have not twisted any rules of this forum. That is actually a strange claim....but whatever.

Yes. I do believe that Christians should show a division between the world and the kingdom. We ARE to be different- to be light.

4. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    8/17/21

I am a healthcare worker of 24 years at a major institution in NC that is now requiring a mandated vaccine in order for me to work. I have alpha-gal which is allergy to all mammal products, shrimp allergy, allergic to magnesium stearate, Aleve, Ampicillin, Sulfa, Adhesives, bee Venom and have seasonal allergies. At the age of 7 I almost died of anaphylaxis to yellow jackets. The only exemption to not take the shot is by either religion or medical. The medical exemption sheet clearly stated that alpha gal is Not a contraindication to the vaccine, basically meaning it’s safe for me to take it. I had consulted with my allergist who told me to take “probably Pfizer”. Prior to me taking the vaccine I have been a very healthy 43yo female. The only issues I have are allergy related and I manage by avoidance of food ingestion.

August 11,2021 I decided that I needed to comply with the mandate at the hospital I work at, so I went over @3:30 to get this done. My sweet boss came with me bc she knows how much I have allergic reactions to stuff. So after them going through my allergies and it was decidedly safe for me, I was injected at 3:38 with my first dose Pfizer. So nine minutes later I am itching in my arms and legs, I get up to move and go to the desk to make my second appt. when I go to sit back down I tell My boss, omg it’s so hot in here and I pull my mask down trying to breathe. She said what’s wrong. I told her I couldn’t take a deep breath. She immediately ran and got the charge RN and they walked me back as I began to feel I am collapsing. I hear the charge nurse yell call a rapid response. At this point I feel like I have a million baby spiders all over my body, my chest is tight, my lips are swelling, I can’t hardly open my eyes bc they are watering so bad. I hear voices and I am trying to listen, then I feel the epipen in my leg. They get me up and take me to the ER where I immediately have an IV and the give me prednisone, Benadryl and later Albuterol breathing treatment. I left last night at 9:00. The dr tells me I am the first person he has seen with anaphylaxis on first dose, he also said this may happen again 10-12 hours after injection. I wake up at 3:30next morning feeling very nauseous.I drink some water and I lay there and then the itching starts all over again. I took some Benadryl immediately. Went to my PCP that am and was given a shot of prednisone and a rx for inhaler, Hydroxizine for the itching and prednisone pills. I feel like absolute crap.
    So why am I telling you this? Bc I prayed about this and God gave me no peace over this AT ALL! I disobeyed his voice to spite losing my job, and had I not been in the hospital having this, I may very well have died.
    It has now been a week since my shot and I daily feel intense nervousness,like I drank 3 pots of coffee, my heart flutters, I feel like I cannot get a deep breath and I still have over all body itching. The itching has improved some but it is an annoying itch all over.
    I think ppl deserve to know the truth and this is a personal choice. It should not be up to anyone to tell me what to do with my body with bc and experimental drug. I am however grateful and appreciative of the staffs quick actions. So if you decide you’re gonna do this and you are at risk for anaphylaxis, do yourself a favor and go to a hospital
    Love to all

- C.M. - North Carolina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m adding this woman’s story here because she did pray about it.
    C19 VAX REACTIONS
    Under the read stories link.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good lesson. If you have a conviction and disobey God for monetary gain....

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, some people on this board think it’s foolish to seek guidance on these shots!!!!!
    You are supposed to “read all about it” & follow the “EXPERTS”; don’t need no help.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are supposed to read about the vaccines and virus. Otherwise we are not good stewards - God gave us a brain - and we would be very close to tempting God.

What did God tell you to have for lunch? I had BBQ chicken and collard greens (not because God told me to but because they were leftover from last night). :Wink

8. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in no way telling you how much YOU should depend on spiritual guidance - that is between you and God.
    I must admit that I find your comparisons a bit ridiculous though!!!!:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was tongue in cheek.

Seriously, though, I believe that God keeps us by His Word. The Spirit guides us and directs our actions, but we are at the same time responsible for the decisions we make. As long as we are abiding in His Word, whatever choice we make is a godly choice.

This is why I am confident about my decision to be vaccinated. God has given us resources, but it is up to us to use them or not to use them (no necessarily wrong decision here). The Spirit has comforted me in my decision.

10. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK!!!? Obviously we were, to some extent, talking past each other. I’m cool!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody cares about your decision to get vaccinated. Why is it that you bring it up when we talk about trusting the Holy Spirit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Philippians 4:6–7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the OP is about faith and covid. A Christian can have faith throughout the pandemics of this world.

I am vaccinated and I took the shot both times out of faith in God, not only in His provision but that He is in control of my life. My life is not my own.

And I saw God's hand in this decision rather quickly, as He used my vaccinated status to provide opportunities to witness to other people.

He provided the vaccination and the opportunity. I was faithful. Imagine if I cowered in my living room, having only an internet presence, rather than obeying His call in my life. I'm sure He would have used someone else. But I would have allowed fear to cause disobedience rather than being faithfully obedient.

You are perhaps unaware, but in the past it was Christians who often ministered to and cared for the sick and dying. Many did die because of their ministry, but God was glorified through their faith.

I did not see very much of this during covid (except for several locations where nurses administered vaccinations and tests to the public. A lot of churches simply shut down and their members took to the television.

You do not need to fear the virus or the vaccine. You do need to fear God.

Christians can and should have faith through this, and any, pandemic. But only if the believer is obedient (God does not bless disobedience). Our time should be spent serving God, doing Kingdom work. And we should be anxious for nothing.

Perhaps in the future I will have adverse effects from the vaccine. I'm OK with that. What matters is that possibility did not create in me a spirit if fear - it did not cause disobedience.

For others, maybe it is not being vaccinated. If so, find a way to use that choice for God's glory - for advancing the gospel of Christ. Perhaps refraining from a vaccination will open other doors- other opportunities to witness. Know this may have consequences, but this life is not without consequences. Whatever you do, whatever you choose, do it out of faith and not fear.

Be obedient today and let God take care of your tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing dissolving my trust in the recommendations is how many conditions are not being exempted. I think if those of us with chronic health problem do NOT have peace pursuing a vaccine, then we should not allow ourselves to be coerced into it. I am not for or against the vaccines in general, but I am against the policies in place about who is and who is not medically exempt.

I don't think the policy makers are convinced that the vaccines are safe for all the people they are mandating to get them. I think they have agendas that they prioritize over the number of of deaths and injuries that they expect from individuals that are harmed. Some agendas are negligent and even evil. Some agendas mean well as a whole.

In general. God requires us to safeguard our bodies. The safest action is going to differ from person to person. And some Christians are called to enter unsafe situations. Some will be spared injury, and others will not. God is control. Our duty is to obey, whatever obey means personally.

We are to obey our government unless it tells us to do something contrary to scripture. Self-neglect is contrary to scripture. When I went to college, I asked for a religious exemption to being entirely re-immunized AGAIN because I do not have the records to show that I have been immunized repeatedly by more than one country that would not accept the vaccines and records of another country. I was granted the exemption on the grounds of my claim that self-neglect is against my religion.

Several social workers told me that I was not making any sense and that my request would certainly be rejected. They insisted that I needed to immediately try and get what records that I could get from overseas and to schedule appointments for what I could not prove. They said I had to choose between college and the risks. They were wrong. I did not.

There are consequences to not being vaccinated and they are becoming steeper for me. But as the consequences become steeper, I am trusting God to continue to lead me in what He wants ME to do, week by week. I am His servant. Like the people making the recommendations, God has an agenda. God's agenda is bigger, and eclipses the agendas of the people making the recommendations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone deserves equal access to medicine. Sometimes medical neglect saves a person, though. I would likely be dead by now if I received the medical care that I clearly deserved. I could not afford the care, so it was denied, even though my condition was life threatening. Years late, I am alive, and most of the people that received the treatment are not alive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is able.

• Agree Agree x 2