1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covid Patients Testing Positive After Recovery Aren’t Infectious, Study Shows

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 19, 2020.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The emerging evidence from South Korea suggests those who have recovered from Covid-19 present no risk of spreading the coronavirus when physical distancing measures are relaxed.”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some coronavirus patients have tested positive again for the virus up to 82 days after becoming infected. Almost all of the cases for which blood tests were taken had antibodies against the virus.

The virus was just shed, as benign. They could not be grown in lab test, nor infectious to spread the virus to others.

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Lots of good news coming out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article falls short by failing to cite the source of the research.

Would you invite a Covid-Positive person over for supper with your family?

This email was sent out to those working in our office this morning
    For those that have tested positive my office requires the following before being allowed in the office:

1. Fourteen days to pass after first symptoms.
    AND
    2. At least three days after symptoms abate
    AND
    3. Two RNA negative Covid tests at least 24 hours apart.

Rob

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I don’t think my dogs would have a problem with it after they got past the initial barking.

Once a person has recovered, why not?

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?
    I’m not going to risk my family or those I care for on a study that tested only 285 patients in one location.
    Repeatability with a significant population in the study is needed in order to make this an important finding, until then this is just another click-bait news article.

Rob

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s your choice. Other people may make a different choice than yours.

8. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It just makes me ill to think some think people who have recovered could be thought to be infectious!
    If so no one could recover from this virus and it really goes against what people know about viral infections in general.

I am tired about the strong delusions people have about corona virus, I do believe much of the country has corona virus fatigue just like me.

Every single post where I mention becoming immune, I never had any doubt people who recover are immune, every single one can go back to work and do whatever they want to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Antibody production is dependent upon the length and severity of the disease.
    A mild case with a quick recovery will produce fewer antibodies and the possibility of re-infection.

There are lots of studies going on as we learn more about this viral strain.
    Truly we still have a lot to learn about this virus.

Things to observe when reading a news article touting some special aspect of the virus:

Has the study been collaborated by other researchers? One key to science is repeatability. Can the study be repeated with similar results? Since the virus is relatively recent the follow-up research is often lacking. Did the article reference the research? If they did, read the research, or at least the abstract of the research.

Sample size is another thing to look at. The larger the sample, the more likely the study will represent the general population. A recent article from New Zealand claimed children do not pass the virus to adults, sample size = ~8. :confused:

Rob