1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Creation: 6 days or billions of years... or both?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by beameup, Aug 15, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I am not sure you really understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics and entropy. The reality of the big bang was, from the perspective of the atheist oriented science unfortunate, because the discovery of a beginning then gave rise to (in their eyes) the necessity of a beginner. Since the solid reasoning of the BB, the hard core agenda driven cosmologists have for decades been working on mathematical and physical models incorporating the BB, but without the need for a beginner. At this point, I am grateful for the great and accomplished christian philosophical thinkers like William Lane Craig.

The "2nd law" can be locally and temporally averted by the introduction of energy into a system....but by physical laws this does create entropy elsewhere, such as in the production of heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3yF105RGW8

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly agree. In fact anyone who holds to any kind of big bang at creation cannot possiby believe the creation account. To hold to some sort of big bang and claim to hold to the creation account at the same time (to explain how it happened) one would have to hold to 6 big bangs, not one. Each day of creation would be another big bang as everything was not created at one time.

Now that being said I believe in a big bang, but it has not happened yet. 2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise (big Bang), and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Simply put at creation God spoke and things formed from nothing. Nothing does not explode into everything. At the end, everything will explode into nothing (big Bang).

#102 Judith, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  3. quantumfaith

As I read again what you wrote, I think you might be making a reference to the teleological argument and Anthropic Principle (whether you are, or intentionally are, I am not sure) the following is a great explanation and conclusion regarding this principle by WLC.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-teleological-argument-and-the-anthropic-principle

4. beameup

beameup Member

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am a young earth creationist, and I believe God created everything in 6 literal 24 hour long days, days just as long as we have now.

Nevertheless, the scriptures repeatedly say God stretched out the heavens, which basically agrees with the Big Bang theory.

The universe did expand at creation whether you like it or not. It is what the word of God says.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    problem is that there is no model to account for from total chaos as postulated from big bang , to a state of structure and order!

also, still stuck with where and how did all the UNiverse get formed, and then placed into a minute size of matter, and reformed again?

Almost like a steady state.eternal universe, with differring cycles to it!

7. quantumfaith

It "got formed" (IMHO) as a result of the "fiat" of God. I don't think you have a solid grasp on science and cosmology. I know you are confident with your position(s)....I am not "knocking" that, just don't share all the details that you do.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are stating here that God caused the original state of the current Universe as that head of a pin, correct?

9. quantumfaith

Sorry, I do not understand you.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God would have used the "Big Bang" from your perspective to create the Universe as we now see it, and he placed the original matter that is thuis Universe into that size of a "head of a pin?"

11. quantumfaith

Well, I don't know with certainty, but yes, I believe it was HIS spoken word that resulted in what cosmologists refer to as the Big Bang. His "fiat" that said "let it be" and it was.....and it continues.

12. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The big bang has not happened yet, but it will.

13. quantumfaith

Isn't it great to live in the good old USA. Unfortunately the NSA is probably listening. The Big Bang did happen, or something very much like it. I am grateful for the discovery, it was one moment of scientific thought that forced the agnostics and atheists in science (those with agendas) back on their heels. It was, I am sure you know, and unexpected principle discovered by Arno and Penzias. (CMB) which was later described as the background radiation of the BB, I like to think of it as the creation event.

14. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

This is the future "big bang":

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

15. quantumfaith

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. beameup

beameup Member

That's the end of the Millennium and before the Great White Throne judgment.
    There is more than one "day of the Lord".