1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Criswell College Dean out - glossolalia strikes again

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jimmy C, Jan 31, 2006.

1. shannonL

shannonL New Member

God told Ron Phillips where evil came from now he is going to tell us? I'm waiting with
    baited breath.

I've seen this fruit cake on TV more than once. Its guys like him that make me glad I'm not in the SBC anymore. I don't believe in extra biblical revelation nor does the bible teach it.

He is out for the buck a roos. The whole series won't be on tv so you got to BUY it to get it all. If you don't you might miss this prophetic word being birthed from the lips of the prophet.

Jesus is coming soon.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What happens Ron when the situations is reversed and the local assembly has gone bad if you like, and there is no local leadership to discipline them?

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I am not into tongues, in any way, for I believe the gift has, in fact, ceased. But that does not change the fact that this is something the BFM does not address, and I, for one, hate hidden agendae from any angle.
    As to what Ron, has recently posted, every Baptist Church is by definition, independent. I suppose a 'mission' does not have to be independent, and a 'church school' would not be, but churches are, and do have to be. Or Baptist churches, anyway are something else.
    As to Ron Phillips, I know nothing. But I'm sure that I can find out (For just a small gift, you can have these wonderfully illuminating sermons on tape, with some we haven't preached from the pulpit due to the constraints of time, but you can still have for what really is a small offerin...!) if I help out, or maybe I should say if I were to help out with a handout to where is located the hand out!
    Ed

4. mima

mima New Member

Concerning the issue of speaking in tongues the Baptist are totally in the blind. Instead of treating speaking in tongues as a gift, which the Bible says it is, the Baptist continue to believe that this gift is a sign of someone speaking by evil spirits. Likewise "eternal security" which I strongly believe in is treated by most of those who speak in tongues as a terrible "license to sin." Both camps put the other outside of the arena of acceptability. This is simply ridiculous.

5. Karen

Karen Active Member

Shannon,
    The issue is not baptism by immersion.
    For example, an elderly lady joined my church this morning. She had been baptized by immersion in a Brethren Church MANY years ago.
    My church did not require her to be rebaptized.
    However, if she had been sprinkled in a Presbyterian Church, she would have to be immersed to join. Or if she had been immersed in a COC since they don't generally believe the same thing about immersion.

However, the new policy of the IMB apparently would not accept this woman's Brethren baptism by immersion, even though our church did.

Karen

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Shannon, I was somewhat disappointed to read that you are no longer with the SBC. That being said, however, I underline the positions you have taken in this thread. Very thoughtful, well said. Wherever you are, I'm certain that you are appreciated.