1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Critics of Bro. Jack Schaap

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Preacher Boy88, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Preacher Boy88

Preacher Boy88 New Member

Can go straight to their prayer closet.
    The Bible states that, "...the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand."
    It also says that, "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What is the purpose of this thread?

3. Preacher Boy88

Preacher Boy88 New Member

To get people to stop being so critical of a man of God! I may be young but I'm sick and tired of hearing people that are supposed to be Christians bash a man who is only supporting our cause! I just came off a whole thread of a debate on Jack Hyles' converts. Now what was the purpose of that thread. I'm proud of the people that stood tall and defended Bro. Hyles!

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was at FBC of Hammond in the Spring, and was impressed with Bro. Schaap's preaching. He uses lots of Scripture, and I believe he truly loves the Lord. I am greatly impressed with his burden for missions, and the mission board he has started, FBMI, which I believe already has about 60 couples.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This kind of thread also invites the same attacks that you are combatting. Be aware that this will bring out his critics as well as his supporters.

6. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

I agree with John of Japan, remember "He who is NOT against us is FOR us". I may not agree with Bro. Schaap's "points" he gets from the text verse he is preaching from, he is never the less doing more for the cause of the Gospel and the conversion of the lost than probably any 10 people combined on this forum.

He is not perfect, but he has kept the faith and is zeal is burning bright as ever....

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Maybe you should take your own advice and instead of starting a new thread that is only going to cause more strife regarding the issue, go to your own prayer closet and pray about your frustration.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I've been confused about this thread since it started. There have been many critics of Jack Hyles on this board, but I haven't seen many critics of Jack Schaap. I questioned the claim of 25,000 baptisms in one year, but that question was answered to my satisfaction. From what I have heard of FBC Hammond lately, God is doing great things there.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not sure whose cause Jack Schaap is supporting, but from what I have heard, it doesn't sound like the cause I am supporting.

When you follow willingly a man like Jack Hyles with no confrontation of his sin and abuse of the church and theology, it doesn't not speak well for you. When people who loved Hyles and his philosophy and theology gladly welcome you on board as his successor it doesn't speak well of you.

The Bible you quote above also says to be diligent to confront and correct false teachers, and to separate from them. Jack Schaap appears to fit that category. I have seen no repentance from him or repudiation of hte ways of hte past. That needs to happen soon.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree with Pastor Larry.

I also think the OP displays the arrogant nature of the "Hyles philosophy" that should be avoided.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Pastor Larry, you have made such good points that I think I have to reconsider my position.

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me? Jack Schaap married Jack Hyles' daughter many years ago. You want the man to publicly attack his father-in-law? :rolleyes:

13. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

This is another case of Baptists shooting their own. What bothers me is that the moderators and administrators of this board will let some venom be spued while stopping others, based on what? What they agree with? Can't we discuss things that will edify us instead of tearing down a man that we do not even have first hand information on? If you have a problem with Brother Schaap isn't it your responsibility to call the man and find out instead of bad talking about him on a forum like this? God forgive us for ignoring your Word like this.

14. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Mike, you will find out soon enough that this board on the average is a hyper liberal board. They are FOR christians who drink, smoke, attend movies, dances, bars and smoke dope on occasion. They are AGAINST anyone who is a King James Bible believing separated Baptist. Anyone preaching hard on sin is criticized here.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Shiloh:

Most of us are just for correctly interpreting scripture in light of its historical context without any admixture added. Scripture has been interpreted for many many years before the KJV.

I am for preaching just as hard as the Bible does on anything but not a bit more than Jesus did. The problem with some folks is they take liberty with the text to interject their own thoughts and conditions beyond what God inspired. That kind of liberty brings bondage to the weak and ignorant by introducing teachings which are not present in scripture. That is called false teaching proclaimed by false teachers.

16. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    gb93433, please don't turn this into a KJVO-bashing or Fundamentalist-bashing thread. The issue is Brother Schaap, who is doing quite well, thank you.

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Matthew 10:35-37 35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; 36 and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. 37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Mark 10:29-30 29 Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.

Luke 14:26 26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

IN a nutshell, yes, for the love of God and his truth Jack Schaap should have privately confronted his father-in-law, and then publicly dealt with it by separation. Christ was clear that truth comes before family relationships. We should expect no less.

18. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I absolutely agree. To ignore the word of God for the defense of Jack Schaap is unconscionable. How can anyone defend what this man has done in the name of Christ.

But no one here has spewed any venom. Pointing out the truth, as the Bible tells us to do, can hardly be considered wrong. Let's not ignore God's word because we like a man. Let's obey God and let the chips fall where they do.

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

NO, actually it is pretty moderate ... too moderate for my tastes, in fact.

Some certainly have some different standards than others.

That's not true.

None of this is relevant however. The thread is about Jack Schaap. And that kind of foolishness that goes on a FBC Hammond is what many of us are against because of our love for God and his word.

20. Brice

Brice New Member

John,

I usually enjoy your posts, but in this case I think you might be wrong. GB was simply responding to a comment made in the post before his. His post also responded to the issues many may have with Brother Schaap. God bless.