1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crown College

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by templeguy, Nov 28, 2005.

1. templeguy

templeguy New Member

Does anyone know about the lawsuit between Crown College and a Christian wesite company? They appear to be getting off track as they chase dollars.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who's getting off track, Crown College or the website company? :confused:

3. templeguy

templeguy New Member

Crown is. I am a member of Temple and have watched over the last two years as the quest for funds have left what Pastor Sexton used to call a "faith-based ministry" to what I call the "we have to do it ourself" ministry. The reason I say that is because for the last couple of years he constantly talks about needing money for the new building as well as the college fund raisers under various names. I am a local business owner and from time to time he hosts a "Area Businessman's Luncheon" where funding of the college thru business donations is the main topic. Also their website business has been just another way to make more money for the "empire." There are a lot of people that have been noticing this.
    I guess that it probably has something to do with the Crown College Director of Operations; Shannon Sexton-----AS CORRUPT AS THEY COME!! As little as 24 months ago he wanted nothing to do with any ministry Temple or Crown and now he is calling the shots at the college. Strang turn of events since I first came here in 2000.

4. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Who is Shannon Sexton. Give us some background? Who owns the website business? Is this a business run by Temple or Crown? I don't like the idea of ministries going into business. Sometimes there is a a very fine line between doing business and doing ministry. Any business-type activity should be directly connected to doing ministry. For example, printing materials for your ministry.

5. templeguy

templeguy New Member

Shannon Sexton is Pastor Sexton's oldest son. Crown College owns the website business. They create and host websites for churches for a monthly charge of less than $30.00. I understand that they have close to 350 customers to date. That's not a bad monthly business. Of course, the web business is never mentioned in the church and members are not allowed to see ANY financial statement of the church at all. We are not allowed to know how any of the tithes and offerings are spent.
    It is really discouraging because it has been a great work for a long time but with all of the corruption that has surfaced in the last two years it is hard to be a part of it anymore. It seems as if there is no way to fix it either because of the way Pastor Sexton manipulates anyone who tries to stand up against him.
    Any ideas? I'm not trying to "bring down the ministry" or ruin the pastor.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If you are not happy with your church you should go to the pastor and express your concerns. If your differences cannot be reconciled you should leave the church.

The last thing that one should be doing is making their concerns public.

The BB will not continue to host these attacks by a church member on his pastor and church. This is not the Bible way to deal with a difference.

[ December 11, 2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concur, C4K. I have heard these arguments on another forum some months ago, but no real DETAILS ever came out. Just hate/attack on a church.

Unless there is a purpose, I'd suggest closing down such discussion. :(

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

At the administrator's suggestion I am closing this thread.

If the author of the OP would like it reopened please PM me with your reasons.