1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CSB?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by SovereignGrace, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has this to do with anything? I am talking about the Bible, the very word of the living God, and the NIV has changed it and you don't seem to care.

Forget it! It obviously doesn't matter to you.

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, the angst coming from you is wrong. I think highly of you, so please tone it down.

I am no Hebrew expert, and I can’t find the Hebrew words for ‘he’ and ‘they’. I am still digging to find out. But please read those links, as they are asserting what I have, and I am sure you, at least, respect them.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The links have nothing to do with the point I am trying to get across.
    Brother, let's leave it there. I love you dearly in the Lord, but you don't seem to understand the point I'm making however hard I try. No doubt it is my fault for not being clearer.

4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a John MacArthur sermon...

Look at Psalm 24. There’s coming a coronation day, a day when the Shepherd becomes the King. And because He died on the cross, and because He rose from the grave, and because He’s fulfilled His high priestly work, there’s going to come a coronation. “The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they who dwell therein. For He hath founded it above the seas, and established it upon the floods.” The all-creating One, the Source will reign. He is not only the Source, He is the Sanctified in verse 3, “Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?” Who’s going to be with Him in that time? “He who hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them who seek him, who seek Thy face, even Jacob.”

He is a holy God. He is the sanctified One, the all-holy One, and only those with clean hands and a pure heart come to His kingdom. Finally, He is the strong One. He is the Source. He is the Sanctified, and He is the Strong, verse 7, “Lift up your heads,O ye gates; and be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.”The greatest battle He ever waged was waged where? At the cross.

That’s what I am saying. Christ was/is the One who makes the sinners’ hands clean and hearts pure.

The Psalmist Looks at the Cross

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand what you’re saying. I just don’t agree with what you’re saying. But I haven’t closed the door in your face like you have mine. I am open to correction...

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.