1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cyclone Larry

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Melanie, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yes, my brother, Larry, sent me satellite photos of it! It's spectacular from afar, but I pray for those devastated by it.

Are you and yours safe?

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Yes… praying.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Fortunatley there was enough warning that people were able to get out of its way and no one was killed. To put it in perspective, this Cyclone was more powerfull than Hurricane Katrina that hit New Orleans. It was so fast, that it was turning taps on!

Plenty of houses and farms flattened, There was a huge Bananna crop there that was destroyed, the government is getting help out to fix it all and there is a public donation charity that has been set up, so hopefully those families will be back on their feet before too long.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes thank you Daisy, have family in Tully about 1800kms to the north of us in the state and they will be affected due to the banana industry being destroyed, but they are hard and versatile workers will find work in the reconstruction.

As stated NO deaths praise be to God but heck what a mess. The sugar cane just laid down and died.The State government has swung into action along with the State Emergency Service (a volunteer service of heroes) and of course the Army has jumped in to help. Donations are being gathered in that mad way of Banana Aid (just dont ask!!!!!)......

I love this country and I love my mad state.
    [​IMG]