1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dale Ratzlaff - Seventh-Day Adventist Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I realize that when you pass your ruling as supreme pontiff - this is some sort of authority in your view... But I prefer actual scripture.

Of course - you have free will and can make stuff up if you like.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be inspired by the Holy Spirit meant that the person HAD to either walk with Jesus, or else seen the risen Lord Jesus , did EW qualify for that?

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A. No Bible text says that -- you are simply engage in more creative writing and we both know it
    B. That is flatly debunked in the case of 1 Cor 14 where all those former pagans were coming to church "each one has a revelation"... so then use less making stuff up and more scripture if you want to post compelling arguments/positions

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be inspired as an Apostle of the NT/Prophet of the OT, person had to be walking with jesus, or else seen Him once risen, as Paul did, and Paul was the last inspired person on Earth, as he was the final and last Apostle chosen by Jesus.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is obviously not true of any of the prophets in 1 Cor 14 - that Paul strongly affirms.

Your practice of simply making stuff up - is not serving you well.

Try using the Bible as your guide.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    again - simply making stuff up is not a good substitute for actual Bible and actual history

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that was the gift of prophecy, NONE of those gifted were inspired same way an Apostle/prophet of God were!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul was the last person in history to qualify, as he saw the risen Lord, and Jesus commissioned him as an Apostle, when did he do that for EW?

9. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

What is your scriptural evidence that "John was the last person to ever been inspired by God ..."?

Are you simply going to assert this, or demonstrate this from the texts, for consideration? I have asked a similar question to you before.

Again, inspiration works upon the man, even as you, yourself, have put into print on this forum.

Do you imagine, or believe in levels of inspiration? By this question, I am asking you, if you think that Moses was more inspired than Daniel, or was Daniel more inspired that Malachi, or was Malachi more inspired than Paul, or was Paul more inspired than John?

Do you think that Miriam was more inspired than Deborah, or that Deborah was more inspired than Huldah, or that Huldah was more inspired than Isaiah's wife, or Isaiah's wife was more inspired than Anna, or was Anna more inspired than Philips four daughters?

According to scripture, can a person, that has the gift of prophesy, be as inspired as these already mentioned, and not have a canonical book after them, such as Enoch the seventh from Adam, Gad the seer, Nathan the prophet, Agabus, Judas and Silas in Acts 15:32 KJB, and those mentioned in Acts 13:1 KJB, etc? Was Simeon inspired in Luke 2, and is what was spoken by him now scripture, even a prophecy?

According to scripture [KJB] then, does a person who has the gift of prophecy, and the manifestations thereof, and tested, have to have a canonical book to be a true prophet[ess]?

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 9 PM Pacific.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be inspired from /of the Lord, must have been commissioned by Him, and only those walking with Him, or Paul who saw the risen Jesus qualified!

12. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

What scripture [KJB] please.

If you are saying that to be inspired that a person has to see the risen Jesus, then sister White qualifies by your personal terms:

"... I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I gazed on Jesus’ countenance and admired his lovely person. The Fathers person I could not behold for a cloud of glorious light covered him. I asked Jesus if his Father had a form like himself; He said he had, but I could not behold it; for, said he, if you should for once see the glory of his person, you would cease to exist. ...

... Then I beheld Jesus as he was before the Father a great High Priest. On the hem of his garment was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate. ..." - The Day Star, March 14, 1846 - The Day-Star -- Ellen G. White Writings
    If you are saying that to be inspired one must receive a commission, then sister White again qualifies by your personal terms:

"... my Saviour declared me to be His messenger. “Your work,” He instructed me, “is to bear My word. Strange things will arise, and in your youth I set you apart to bear My message to the erring ones, to carry the Word before unbelievers, and with pen and voice to reprove from the Word actions that are not right. Exhort from the Word. I will make My Word open to you, as no strange language. In the true eloquence of simplicity, with voice and with pen, the messages shall be repeated from one who has never learned in the schools. My Spirit and power shall be with you. Be not afraid of men in your youth; for My shield shall protect you. It is not you that speaketh; it is the Lord that giveth the messages of warning and reproof. Never deviate from the truth under any circumstances. Give the light I shall give you. The messages for these last days shall be written in books and shall stand immortalized, unchangeable, eternal, to testify against those who have rejoiced in the light given, but who have since been affected by seducing spirits.” ..." - Manuscript 63a, May 26, 1906 - Ms 63a, 1906 -- Ellen G. White Writings
    To walk with God, is to walk even as Enoch walked ...

John 16:7 KJB - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 14:18 KJB - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Matthew 28:20 KJB - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.​

Jesus comes to us, through His Representative, the Holy Ghost, the third person of the Godhead:

John 14:17 KJB - Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    Through the words:

John 16:13 KJB - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 15:5 KJB - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 15:7 KJB - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.​

13. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI, to the cult of KJVOism, King James didn't write the Bible.

14. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The eternal mourning that those who have given their lives, not to Christ, but to Ellen G White will be inconsolable.

If I could cut off my arm to make them see, I would gladly do so. . .

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I find it just a little bit sad that after all this time claiming that there was at least one super zinger point in one of your videos... you never actually find it to the point that you could actually post one.

That is more than a little surprising if you ask me.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.