1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dangerous pathogens found on children’s face masks

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    group of parents in Gainesville, FL, sent 6 face masks to a lab at the University of Florida, requesting an analysis of contaminants found on the masks after they had been worn. The resulting report found that five masks were contaminated with bacteria, parasites, and fungi, including three with dangerous pathogenic and pneumonia-causing bacteria. Although the test is capable of detecting viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, only one virus was found on one mask (alcelaphine herpesvirus 1).

The analysis detected the following 11 dangerous pathogens on the masks:

• Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumonia)
    • Mycobacterium tuberculosis (tuberculosis)
    • Neisseria meningitidis (meningitis, sepsis)
    • Acanthamoeba polyphaga (keratitis and granulomatous amebic encephalitis)
    • Acinetobacter baumanni (pneumonia, blood stream infections, meningitis, UTIs—resistant to antibiotics)
    • Escherichia coli (food poisoning)
    • Borrelia burgdorferi (causes Lyme disease)
    • Corynebacterium diphtheriae (diphtheria)
    • Legionella pneumophila (Legionnaires’ disease)
    • Staphylococcus pyogenes serotype M3 (severe infections—high morbidity rates)
    • Staphylococcus aureus (meningitis, sepsis)
    Half of the masks were contaminated with one or more strains of pneumonia-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with one or more strains of meningitis-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with dangerous, antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. In addition, less dangerous pathogens were identified, including pathogens that can cause fever, ulcers, acne, yeast infections, strep throat, periodontal disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more.

The face masks studied were new or freshly-laundered before wearing and had been worn for 5 to 8 hours, most during in-person schooling by children aged 6 through 11. One was worn by an adult. A t-shirt worn by one of the children to school and unworn masks were tested as controls. No pathogens were found on the controls; samples from the front top and bottom of the t-shirt found proteins that are commonly found in skin and hair, along with some commonly found in soil.

Dangerous pathogens found on children’s face masks

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah but if we don't wear our masks, we will all die.
    I went to Dr today. He was trying to talk me into getting vaccine. I said"Doc, you still wearing mask. Must not trust the vaccine too much." He said "That's because I don't know who else has been vaccinated." I said "If it really works, why do you care?". He moved on to talking about something else. Then later on he asked me if I knew anyone who died of Covid. I said no, do you? He said I had two patients die of Covid. I ask how old. He said over 70. I asked about comorbiditires. He said "quite a few." I said " that's not too good a comparison doc.," He agreed and said "Do what you want to." I said "I will thank you."

• Like Like x 2
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The harm done to our children will be the greatest legacy of the response to this virus.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at all that stuff those masks blocked! :Laugh

5. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess the masks wern't all that great. They didn't block out the manure....

6. TurtleSox

TurtleSox Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No surprise really.
    First we hear the Wuhan laboratory in Wuhan China weaponized the flu virus, aka Corona virus, and that is Covid-19. (Covid-19= Corona virus id'd(in)2019) Or the way it's looking now when Biden and other politicians speak of a illegal vaccine passport, COVID-19= Certificate of Vaccination ID)

In any case, at the start of the "lockdown" and mask mandates how many realized the fear paradigm government initiated against China was convoluted by the masks we were mandated to don in public being manufactured in...China!:Ninja

Now this?

Stay in your house or be prosecuted.
    Don't open your church doors to the public of be arrested. Did that apply to mosques and synagogues?
    Only, "essential workers" are allowed out.

Oh, now you can come outside without a mask but only if you've been "vaccinated" with a toxic shot.
    Adverts that say we'll be free again once we're vaccinated.

I think we're being made to get use to what life is like for the poor in China.

#6 TurtleSox, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As stated many times, the purpose of surgical masks is to protect others from the wearer. They provide very little protection to the wearer from viruses as this was not what they were designed to do.

Viruses can easily pass in and out of the gaps in surgical masks but also the material itself. What they do is block large droplets containing viruses from spreading widely. Viruses also don’t survive very long when not in a droplet or another cell. So it is not surprising that very few viruses were detected compared to bacteria and fungi.

• Winner Winner x 2