1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Limbaugh on Perfect Candidates

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Dec 28, 2007.

1. leesw

leesw Member

Here's an article by David Limbaugh on those of you who say you'll vote thirdy party if a perfect Republican candidate is not elected.

http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2007/12/singleissue_vs.html#more

(Edited to remove links to other boards. Please do not post links in your signature for it may be construed as advertising. If you want to advertise, please contact the owner, andrewT.)

#1 leesw, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not a word about how easily and completely the "Christian right" was hoodwinked by the neocons the last two elections. And not a word about the republicrats ties to the CFR, Trilaterals and Bilderbergs and how they have seemingly all jumped on the transnational bandwagon that seeks to destroy the US of A in order to bring in their beloved North American Union (later to be phased out to bring in the global government they all either drool over or sold their souls to for alittle temporay power)

Wonder why?

Shame people think that in order to be "credible" they have to be careful not to expose the whole truth.

#2 poncho, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

==I am concerned that the Republican Party is no longer conservative and has abandoned most conservative principles. Why should I, as a small government, religious conservative vote for a candidate who does not believe what I believe? Because they have a "R" beside their name instead of a "D"? I don't think that is a good enough reason. A liberal is a liberal, a big government candidate is a big government candidate and it does not matter what party they are in. I am a Republican, but I have no loyalty to the party. In fact, if the party does not return to its TRUE conservative core I will switch to Independent before the '08 election.

==One of the best justifications for compromise I think I have ever read. If the candidates the Republican Party is putting forward are liberals how is the Republican Party any different from the Democratic Party? Its not!!

David Limbaugh is thinking like a Republican and not a true conservative. A true conservative is a conservative first and foremost. A true conservative does not stick with a political party when it has gone liberal.

==That is a foolish, dangerous, and unnecessary gamble. Why “take the word” of a politician who is trying to get your vote? Rudy is not pro-life and we have no real reason to believe that his positions on life would be any different from Clinton or Obama. National security is nice, but when we are (a) killing our children in the womb and (b) surrendering our liberty to obtain security, it is not worth the cost.

==A interesting statement considering the fact that he is willing to excuse and “turn a blind eye” to Rudy’s clear “decidedly liberal instincts

==And what is Rudy? Limbaugh is being critical of Huckabee while excusing Rudy, on the same points!! Let’s get this straight: David Limbaugh is willing to support a liberal as long as that liberal is a Republican. David Limbaugh would rather support the super-super liberal Rudy rather than the super liberal Huckabee. It does not make sense, it is a contradiction, I have just lost a lot of respect for David Limbaugh.

==Something the Rudy would not do. So, why will Mr. Limbaugh support him? I have no clue.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Now let see, David Limbaugh would support Rudy if he wins the nomination (even though Rudy is not his choice of the nominees), he would support Romney if he wins the nomination (even though Romney is not his choice of the nominees), would support Fred Thompson ( even though Fred Thompson lines up with Ron Paul on abortion issues being left to states rights). But to support a liberal like Huckabee (even though Huckabee would not be his choice)? Mr. Limbaugh , where are your principals and if by some miracle that Ron Paul were to win the nomination would you support Ron Paul?
    Martin said it best:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Frankly, I could care less what a dime a dozen commentator thinks. The bottom line is Christians would vote for Giuliani and Romney are worshiping at the altar of the republican pig trough over Christian values and what is right for this nation.

The gall to compromise ones morals for an entity called the republican party is beyond belief. The republican party has evolved in the past 20 or so years into an elitist, liberal, big government organization that is more like the democratic party than conservative America.

No sir, never again will I vote for a republican that panders to Christians and turns right around and acts like a democrat.

Its time to forget the mindset that we must vote for one of the two parties born in the pits of hell. Its time to vote them both out, and elect a leader and a party that has a heart for the American people and what is good for this nation.

The premise of the article posted is pathetic.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Better yet forget about parties all together. We've all seen (well, those of us who've been paying attention) how easily they can be co opted. Remember how we were neo-conned.