1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dawkins self-proclaimed evilutionism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I have yet to encounter an SBCer who supports the unholy theory of evolution. Or the theory of evolution full of holes. If I ever do, I will want to sit down with them immediately in order to help lift the scales from their eyes.

If Christianity as a public entity disappears, there will still be those who cherish faith, hope, and trust in their Creator, as presented on the pages of the Bible. No one will be able to remove the hope that is within them. We have seen this truth many times in totalitarian states. And btw, as someone has written, "'hope' is that calm, confident assurance that God is who he says he is, doing what he says he will do." He'll do that right through the rapture of his church, right through the tribulation, during and after his second coming, with Jesus Christ, Immanuel, Savior, Master, right there on the throne during the 1,000 year reign, and thereafter, forevermore. :godisgood:

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a lot to be said in favor of the SBC members staying true to some of the old standards. I am thankful each time they do it.

But every now and then the devotees to evilutionism will gather on this section of the board and swarm around one particular thread. When that happens - I see very very few SBCer's hanging around to shed light into the darkness.

It is almost as if they think "that does not concern me and could never come into my church so why respond to it".

And my point is that this is exactly what the other denominations were saying to themselves 100 years ago.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well said. But I would agree with "Disp4" that there are a few denominations that do not give even an inch on that point.

I think the 7th-day Baptists are also another one.

In Christ,

Bob

4. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

Evolution accetance

No doubt and I agree Bob & Dispen4ever.....I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't belong to any denomination because of their acceptance of evolution. I agree, their are a few who do not buy in to that belief system.

J.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am always encouraged to find Christians on this board that recognize the threat of atheist darwinism to the Church of Christ -- in terms of noticing the amazing inroads it has already made into the Christian church - to the point that most Christians today belong to a denomination that is teaching atheist darwinism.

One a Christian group argrees to dilute the gospel (actually - pollute the gospel) with atheist darwinism other compromised positions on the Word of God, the Gospel and the moral obligation of man can be expected.

In Christ,

Bob