1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DC Will be a Real Chocolate City

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 21, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's interesting that Spike Lee can get a "free pass" with his comment about D.C. [becoming] a Real Chocolate City when Obama becomes President (see article below). Had McCain made the same comment about "D.C. [becoming] a Real Vanilla City" when he wins the election, how many NAACP and ACLU advocates would have jumped all over the comment and called it racist?

This is an interesting article, and it should be cause for concern if Obama doesn't emphatically denounce Spike Lee and the comment as being a source of division, and NOT unity like he is preaching at all his campaign talks.

Spike Lee on Obama: There’s “gonna be a real Chocolate City!”By Michelle Malkin • June 20, 2008 07:50 AM Still bitter from his spanking at the hands of Clint Eastwood (background here), conspiracy nut and race-monger Spike Lee is clinging to Barack Obama for revenge.

He told a film festival crowd this week that he has gathered 1,000 hours of footage of his Obamessiah on the campaign trail and will produce a documentary about the candidate. The dour director instantly cheered up. Via SilverDocs, Lee gloats:

Discussing his Hurricane Katrina epic When the Levees Broke, Lee referenced the current flooding in the Midwest and said, “The infrastructure of this country is crumbling, and money’s going elsewhere.” He paused, then at quadruple the volume: “That’s gonna change, though…gonna be a real Chocolate City!” He went on to drop the news that his longtime editor Sam Pollard has been filming Obama throughout the primary season and has already captured 1,000 hours of footage for a documentary being produced by Edward Norton. When Kennedy began a question with the phrase, “If Obama’s gonna become president…”, Lee interrupted. “There is no if! It changes everything…it’s gonna be Before Obama, and After Obama. And I’m gonna be at that inauguration, too.”
    Lee, who believes “someone’s” paying Jeremiah Wright to diss Obama, will be an honored guest at the Democrat National Convention and takes credit for the Obamas’ marriage.

Spike Lee: Soon to be Obama’s NEA chairman in the new Chocolate City?

Shudder.

We know Lee is an energetic spark plug for negative [at times], so, Obama needs to separate himself from this statement and the persona of Lee if he wants to be the first black President.

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the same thing Ray (Let the buses sit in the parking lot) Nagin said after the Hurricane. He pretty much got a pass as well.

3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

What do you expect? This is typical, is it not? Even the members of the BB that say they are fair and unbiased will not say a peep about these "chocolate" comments.
    Regardless of what anybody says, the races are not judged the same and held to the same standards. As long as this continues there will be race related problems in our society.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And as long as there are the likes of JJ, the Rev (?) Al, the "all whites are guilty" liberals, etc., etc., et al., the race problems will continue!

When the Bill Cosby's, Thomas Sowell's and the Walter Williams's of the nation have more influence with their own race than the previously mentioned ones, then, and only then will the race problems begin to fade.

Until then, just be prepared for "RACE" to be the "cause", from the liberal viewpoint, of any conflict that just happens to involve a black!

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what're you talking about, righteousdude2 ?
    DC IS already a chocolate city for all intent and purposes.
    The mayor is chocolate, the city council is majority chocolate, the cops are chocolate, the criminals are chocolate, the homeless are chocolate, the social workers are chocolate, most of the school board are chocolate, the metro is chocolate-y, and some of the areas are so danged chocolate that some chocolates themselves feel uncomfortable and move out to less chocolate ones.

DC don't need Obama for it to become chocolate-y any more than it is.

Maybe that's why the ACLU and company ain't jumpin around like fish got into their undies.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With All That Chocolate, Obama will.....

With all that chocolate you mentioned, already in place, is it any wonder that Spike Lee predicts the addition of BHO will be like the proverbial cherry on the top of the Hot Fudge Sundae. BHO will be the final piece in the puzzle, and, "wella!" Chocolate City, USA???

It's just a shame that with all of the progress we've made in racial awareness, politically correct training, and tolerance coursework, there remains racial undertones,

"I guess we're no longer in Kansas, Toto!":tear:

Pastor Paul :type:

#6 righteousdude2, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Race is a problem and always will be...

Whether people admit it or not, they are thinking it.

We have Black American Month. Where is the White American Month? Are we not ALL Americans?

We have Miss Black America. Can you imagine what would happen if we had Miss White America? We allows blacks in the Miss America Pageant. Have you ever seen a white in the Miss Black America pageant? It's one America and it should be one pageant.

We have black colleges and white colleges, and I could name many more situations.

Millions of people are cheering because we have a black presidential candidate. It's kind of inferring that all the white presidents were inferior...

If this is rascist, I'm sure it will be deleted and so be it.

I'm just stating what millions of people think but do not admit.

I'm growing weary of hearing everyone say 'race' is not a factor......believe me, it is!

If it were not a factor (or issue) we would not be calling blacks chocolate and whites vanilla. To me, THAT is rascist!

#7 I Am Blessed 24, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  8. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Really, lowering the position of POTUS to a candy flavor is just an all time low, even for you, RD2.

Sopranette

9. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Apparently you did not read the OP. Spike Lee is the one that said DC would be a chocolate city if BHO is elected.

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it has nothing to do with that. It is an historical milestone that a minority candidate has broken into the previously lily-white set of presidential candidates. I don't even support Sen. Obama, but I am glad that a black candidate has come to the forefront. I would have felt similarly about Sen. Clinton because she would have been the first female to be in a similar situation. I wouldn't have supported her, either.

There is nothing wrong with thinking that there is something good about expanding our horizons beyond only a subset of rich, male WASPs.

11. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I know RD2 didn't say it, but it's just the kind of stinking garbage that seems attractive to him.

love,

Sopranette

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Me, too. Wouldn't mind having OBL for president, and like I said a few forums ago, my family and I were leaning towards him.

Until Oprah opened her yapper. Until we got a call from Chris Rock (least that's who he said he was). Until the radio yappity yappers, black, white, and in-between, started praising him to high heavens because he is of the "minority" about to break into hallowed ground.

OBL may be a good guy, but it ain't his time yet, we figured. Next time, maybe.

13. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Glad to see you are not ignoring me anymore, Sopranette, but at the same time, I am sad to see this vendetta you have against RD2.

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Obama Pulls New Presidential Seal
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:09 PM

Succumbing to an avalanche of criticism, Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has apparently decided to back away from its trial balloon of a new presidential seal.

http://tinyurl.com/4aswcm