1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dead Man's Choice?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Feb 26, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    DEAD MAN'S CHOICE?

The vast majority of retail religion "worships" a grandfatherly god who has given over to them the power of eternal life, or death. On the one hand they are told they are dead in trespasses and sins, and in the next breath they are told to "make" Jesus their lord and saviour. This beggar god is a blasphemous idol of men's imagination and an affront to the God of scripture.

The scriptures declare a Sovereign God who from eternity, chose a people in time, redeemed them in Christ and reveals himself to them by the Holy Spirit. Read Romans 9, or the opening few verses of Paul's epistles and you will find that it is God alone that has chosen his sheep and has called them from death unto life. Google election, elect, predestination, or predestinated and tell me how your god gave you life because you "chose" him.

Jonah declared, "Salvation is of the Lord" and that is the sum and substance of it. If it is left up to dead men, then we are without hope. Praise God, it is not left up to the dead, but sinners, having neither merit nor life in themselves, having been chosen by God in eternity, are redeemed in Christ on a just ground and clothed in his righteousness alone so that they are accepted in the beloved. Through his grace alone they are decreed to be the righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

- written by Kenny Dyess via his Facebook page

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post just proves that FB is not a reliable source of truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To further expound upon the Biblical truth expressed by Kenny Dyess:

The notion of a conditional election is the height of pride, arrogance and rebellion against God. That the elect of God are those whom God knew or saw would choose Him, and He, therefore, based His choice of them on that, is absolute heresy. Such is to say that the will, decisions, or acts of depraved men determine the efficacy of Christ’s atoning blood. It makes rebels to be those who decide who God’s people are or will be. It is to shut this whole race of spiritually dead sinners off from the mercy and grace of God because none would or have ever on their own chosen Christ. God’s election does not keep men from Christ or find men in Christ. It puts them in Christ!

- Gary Shepard, Pastor of Sovereign Grace Baptist Church, Jacksonville, North Carolina

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked up Sovereign Grace in Jacksonville NC… I liked this statement & practice.

At SGFC, we practice something called “Family-Integrated” worship. That means we encourage families to bring their children into the worship service instead of sending them away to a separate children’s program. We are used to hearing the sounds of children in the sanctuary and we love it. It reminds us that the church is not just for adults, but it is for everyone. We do provide a nursery for children up to 3 years old if needed, but it is not required. We love to see kids worshiping alongside their parents in the sanctuary.

We PB’s also practice this! :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this shows is that this "pastor" does not believe the bible but has followed the wild rants of Augustine and Calvin. The real shame of it is that he will and has caused a number of people to actually trust what he said.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This diatribe ignores the gospel involved in this and is therefore dishonest as it intentionally misrepresents the views of those with whom he disagrees with. An honest and intellectual discussion cannot be had with those who want to engage in such dishonesty.

Secondly, a dead man who cannot respond to the gospel unless they are first made alive can neither reject the gospel. Dead is dead if taken literally.

If, however, they are dead like the prodigal son then once they hear the gospel they can believe prior to being regenerated.

It is also a false and dishonest claim that if God requires one to respond to the gospel then the power of salvation is then in their hands. When someone goes and buys a gift for someone else and the offers that gift to them, can it be said that the receiver of the gifts can lay claim for also giving himself that gift because he made the effort to reach out and receive the gift offered? This is not logical and it is never done except among the reformed who, very weakly, make an attempt to demonize those with whom they disagree with.

Have the need to act in such a dishonest way reveals the limitations and weakness of their own arguments. Demonization is never a good theological practice and and should have no place in Christian conversations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now please explain to me how you had to over react to that particular cut & paste. Wouldn’t it have been better to calmly and privately have approached Ken with an explanation why he posted it in the first place which I myself would like to have explained to me, but that’s up to Ken to share it.

I see here a wider gap in Christianity that is intent on vanquishing full Christianity via these conflicts and diatribes. All you need to do is travel to the northeast and I will show you full bore secularism in active practice. Yea, it’s easier to move somewhere else where it isn’t prevalent but Satan is a clever demon that will soon spread his discord everywhere he can. I trust you have the foresight to understand this.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What number of people do you see actually believing this guy? Don’t you think that if he is off his rails that his church elders have allowed it to happen? And what was the purpose and what type of person would whole heartily concur with his conclusions. I expect that most would process it, perhaps look into it further, evaluate it using scripture (full context) and draw their own conclusions.

I will tell you that I love their “Family Integrated Worship” practice which will take into consideration each family members interpretation, absorb them, then and only then come to final conclusion. My wife personally consistently surprised me with her conclusions, things I would never have thought of. She doesn’t March to anyone drum but Christs. So it’s vital that I ask her opinion on everything, and she consistently surprises me with her conclusions.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's pretty simple and straightforward. Sure, I post about other things, but I have great joy in proclaiming my Savior, Jesus, who made Himself my Surety and fulfilled ALL of the conditions to save me from this vile body that is full of sin.

Thus, I post on here, as well as elsewhere, such as Facebook and Twitter(or X), to spread the good news, the gospel, of what Jesus accomplished on behalf of those whom God chose before the world began and gave to His Son to be their Surety and to fulfill ALL of the conditions for their salvation from sin, their sins having been imputed to Him and He then having paid their sin debt and, correspondingly, the perfect righteousness that He worked out on their behalf in fulfilling the law having been imputed to them, and to bring them to glory in the new heavens and earth wherein dwells righteousness. And, as there is no way for me, or anyone else, to know where and who are the elect prior to their spiritual regeneration(how many people thought Saul would become the apostle Paul?), I post here and elsewhere in case there are any of God's elect who, in God's timing, may need to read what I post from God's Word(Romans 10:14 "How shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?"), as well as for the benefit of any of God's elect who may read what I post about God's Word and have their faith built up as we travel as pilgrims on this present earth.

And, specifically related to the OP, I am aware of when Kenny Dyess posts gospel messages on Facebook, as we have become quite good friends, as well as being brothers in Christ, during the approximately two and a half years since the Holy Spirit regenerated me and gave me spiritual life and granted me the gifts of faith and repentance of dead works, having led me to the fellowship of believers at Grace Baptist Church of Ruston, where Kenny is our song leader, and with whom I regularly go out to eat lunch with after Sunday services.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What programs for kids do you have at your church? Also, do you really believe you are spreading the good news or are you inciting discord? To me, Gods children already know Scriptural truth but you insist on reinforcing particular doctrines that you believe w/o consideration for others beliefs thus causing hard feelings. It’s your contention that they are wrong and you are right… can you not see the discord you and your buddy’s are sowing?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The young children have a separate Bible class. They join us for the worship service.

Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well he is off the rails and the elders do seem to be supporting what he is saying. If as you say he has a family integrated service then he is having an influence upon impressionable minds and teaching them false information under the guise of it being biblical truth. What could be worse than that?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of the message your church is sending to there children! Would it not be considerate to the kids to include them in all things Kingdom Building? That may be the most important things we adults pass on to them.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are taught the gospel of Christ in the Bible study class, as well as during the worship service.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forget that children are mostly influenced by their parents and it’s really the responsibility of them to filter out and at the same time teach the word to their kids. I’m a grandparent and I long to menter my grandchildren however they are a 1000 miles away in snake land Florida USA.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look Ken, this isn’t my fight… frankly it’s yours & I would not draw swords against another brother but by posting that you did. So when another person of another Christian church disagrees with you, then of course they are wrong and your right.:rolleyes: That’s funny, that could also be considered arrogant … personally I don’t consider that truly Christian behavior.

17. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reacting to the very and totally false presentation of God in this post that I have underlined.

If God were acting in his sovereignty and he is absolutely holy and demanded holiness in all his creatures he would no doubt be constrained by that holiness to sovereignly make sure they were. The only sovereignty that God has displayed is in his creation. He has never acted towards man in the principle of sovereignty. If he had there would never have been any need for any other principle that he has displayed about himself.

Men like you KenH believe yourself to be at the height of religion and among the few that are worthy to be called the property of God but you present a god who is a schizoid.

How could God acting in his sovereignty show kindness and grace and mercy and longsuffering and how could God react in any way but destruction to any who would dare to disobey him and how would they disobey him. It is the most unreasonable and illogical and false doctrine that any religious sect has ever seriously advanced on the unwashed, in my opinion.

This is Jesus Christ speaking:

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
    44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
    47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
    48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

He just described what the Father is like and his audience is admonished to be like him.

I do not get anyone buying into this false religious idea of sovereignty and determinism. God is sovereign only when he chooses to be and that is his sovereignty being manifest.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daniel 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Romans 9:14-21 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did just that:

22 yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him: Col 1

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Heb 10

• Like Like x 2
  20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The apostle Paul said that the gospel came to God's people in Colosse(Colossians 1:6) as "the grace of God in truth."

It came in truth, not error.

I am not on this board to simply sing "Kumbaya", although The Seekers did record a really nice version of that song, highlighting the beautiful voice of Judith Durham: