1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deadweight Donald

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know of no one who rightfully understands Eternal Security of a Christians that sees it as making a one time profession at the Alter, and then live for the Devil and are still saved!
    Now someone really is saved can have a season like that, but will eventually return to the Lord and seek restoration, as the Son stuck in the pig pens did!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with that interpretation. Romans tells us we as Christians will still sin and the emphasis is on recognizing that and repenting. I don't believe that every sin must be repented of but rather the emphasis is on who we are rather than what we do. A truly redeemed person is someone who has a personal relationship with Jesus and is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. This will be reflected in how they live their life.

I'm afraid, however, that many southern baptists do not consider the need to be truly born-again and the absolute requirement to walk with Jesus in their life. For that reason, I think many are sold on a gospel of "cheap grace."

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, they would be those who do not really understand what Eternal Security teaches!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you define eternal security?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is when a lost sinner has become saved, translated over by God from the kingdom of Satan into the Kingdom of Christ, and they are now sealed by the Holy Spirit, and interceding for by Jesus, so cannot ever be lost again!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Mat 25:31 KJV] When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

[Mat 25:32 KJV] And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

[Mat 25:33 KJV] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

[Mat 25:41 KJV] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

[Mat 25:42 KJV] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

[Mat 25:43 KJV]
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

[Mat 25:44 KJV] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

[Mat 25:45 KJV] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

[Mat 25:46 KJV] And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you denying that we are saved as jesus and paul stated, but by good works done in his name also to add?

• Like Like x 1
  8. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted a passage from the Bible. Do you believe in the inerrancy of scripture/

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but not on your understanding of what was intended by that passage, as there is NO support for salvation being obtained by ANY good works being added into the salvation mix!

10. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you interpret that passage?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read this as a political commentary by Richard Rohr

Transformative change in politics depends so much on having a clear view of the desired end. Where does that vision come from? Possibilities may be offered by various ideologies, or party platforms, or political candidates. But, for the person of faith, that vision finds its roots in God’s intended and preferred future for the world. It comes not as a dogmatic blueprint but as an experiential encounter with God’s love, flowing like a river from God’s throne, nourishing trees with leaves for the healing of the nations (see Revelation 22:1-2). This biblically infused vision, resonant from Genesis to Revelation, pictures a world made whole, with people living in a beloved community, where no one is despised or forgotten, peace reigns, and the goodness of God’s creation is treasured and protected as a gift.

Such a vision strikes the political pragmatist as idyllic, unrealistic, and irrelevant. But the person of faith, whose inward journey opens his or her life to the explosive love of God, knows that this vision is the most real of all. It is a glimpse of creation’s purpose and a glimmering of the Spirit’s movement amid the world’s present pain, brokenness, and despair. This vision also recognizes the inevitable journey of inward and outward transformation—the simultaneous, continuing transformation of the inward hearts of people liberated by God’s astonishing grace and the outward transformation of social and economic structures liberated by God’s standards of justice.

So, for the Christian, politics entails an inevitable spiritual journey. But this is not the privatized expression of belief which keeps faith in Jesus contained in an individualized bubble and protects us from the “world.”. . . Rather, it is a spiritual journey which connects us intrinsically to the presence of God, whose love yearns to save and transform the world. We are called to be “in Christ,” which means we share—always imperfectly, and always in community with others—the call to be the embodiment of God’s love in the world. . . .

James 2:14-22

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    refers to how nations will handle dealing with those who are here and are getting saved in last days when the final Antichrist is around...

13. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump expresses his opinion on the UK Prime Minister

Trump said Boris Johnson would be a “great prime minister” when asked about his opinion in the press conference

He added: “He’s been very nice to me. He’s been saying very good things about me as president.

“I think he thinks I’m doing a great job. I am doing a great job, I can tell you, just in case you haven’t noticed.

“Boris Johnson, I think, would be a great prime minister.”

Donald Trump's opinion of Theresa May -
    The US president added: “I also said this incredible woman right here is doing a great job, a fantastic job.”

Definition of incredible - impossible to believe, difficult to believe; extraordinary.
    Fantastic definition is - based on fantasy : not real.

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Mat 25:31-32 KJV] 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

I suppose you don't really accept the inerrancy of scripture. My Bible says the Lord Jesus Christ will judge all the nations and separate the blessed from the damned.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and those were nations being judged at that time!