1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Death before the age of accountability

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndThisGospel, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God used satan to do what the devil wantd, in order to rest David...

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, as one gives th story from the viewpoiont from earth, other from heaven!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul an James use it same way, its just that Paul shows us how faith in Jesus saves us, whil James shows us how asaved hould now acting!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The will of God is that we exist for the purpose to honor and glorify Him, not ourselves...

5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are not making sense, other than agreeing to God's sovereignty. The rest is a bit bizarre. I haven't seen another Christian write like you are writing.

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ????
    God blames himself???

You are calling God imperfect and weak.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God cannot take the blame for anything, as all of His ways are right!

8. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

That's because I don't follow the crowd.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Please quote me correctly or don't quote me at all. Now, what did I say? Did I say that God is to blame or did I say God assumes the blame until the day of atonement?

In this case God assumes the responsibility for the entrance of sin even though He was not its author. He assumes the blame because He created Lucifer who later became Satan.

Theologically this has to do with the two goats of Leviticus sixteen, but that's another topic...

10. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

God said He did it, but God said too that Satan tempted David to number Israel. Clearly God didn't tempt David. Why?

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone" James 1:13

If the Bible seems to contradict then that's our problem. Spiritual things are spiritually understood. God's word cannot contradict otherwise is wouldn't be of God.

11. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Let me give you one that's even clearer:

So Saul died for his unfaithfulness which he had committed against the Lord, because he did not keep the word of the Lord, and also because he consulted a medium for guidance, but he did not inquire of the Lord; therefore, He [God] killed him, and turned the kingdom over to David, the son of Jesse (1 Chron. 10:13, 14).

God said that He killed Saul.

Now, let's look at exactly happened to Saul:

Saul said to his armorbearer, “Draw your sword, and thrust me through with it” . . . But his armor bearer would not. . . . Therefore, Saul took a sword and fell on it. . . . So Saul . . . died (1 Chron. 10:4, 6).

Saul committed suicide. Why? “Draw your sword and run me through; otherwise these uncircumcised will come and abuse me.”

The point is Saul was losing the battle because he had apostatized from God. God was not with Saul in battle because He had forsaken Saul.

God assumes the blame for Saul's death as if God had killed Saul Himself. If Saul hadn't committed apostasy God would have been with Saul in battle against the Philistines and Saul would have lived....

Again, God assumed the blame because ultimately He created Lucifer who later became "the adversary" (Satan). He assumes the blame until "the day of atonement" where the actual blame for sin is placed on the Satan....

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or maybe it actually does contradict.

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You still see God as trapped in time. The fall and the atonement happen simultaneously with God who lives outside of time.

God does not assume blame or take the blame. God the Son receives God the Father's judgment and wrath, which should fall upon you and me.

As I read your comments, it seems that your theology is poor.

14. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Then, perhaps, I should follow you?

When I hear folks, such as yourself, say that the Bible contradicts itself or has error, I know immediately that person has set himself up as an infallible source and that he is attempting to draw off disciples to himself.

Acts 20:30 "Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth (why?) in order to draw away disciples after them."

I'll stay with the Bible and not men's pretentiousness.

15. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I make no claim to infallibility and have no intention of drawing off disciples to myself.

16. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Totally false. Deity cannot die - it's impossible. Besides, you are the sinner. The law demands the death of the sinner, not the death of the sinless one.

Ez 18: 19 Why should the son not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity?’ When the son has practiced justice and righteousness and has observed all My statutes and done them, he shall surely live. 20“The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

17. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

If you are a Christian you should not be attacking the Bible. If you aren't, well, that's why you are attacking....

18. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Here's another:

And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharoah which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go” (Exodus 4:21).

But when Pharoah saw that there was relief, he (Pharoah) hardened his heart and did not heed them, as the Lord had said . . . But Pharoah hardened his heart at this time also; neither would he let the people go (Exodus 8:14, 32).

19. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Here's another:

I [God] will strike
    the Shepherd (Christ). . . . We esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God (Mark 114:27; Isaiah 53:4).

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? (Mark 15:34).

20. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya got me. I'm actually a Sith Lord. I'm just upset about cutting off my son's hand.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.