1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Debunking Unconditional Eternal Security: Hebrews 10:39

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Justifies and Salvation are two different things. Our priorities our different.

The REASON, the WHY, Motive, source of Justification is the love of God and it is by his love grace we are justified.

What Saves us gets credit for saving us? GOD alone, By the method he himself decrees. If God wills the salvation of Darrell is throwing a book at your head, put a football helmet on.
    If God wants you to make him a boat, build boat.

The method God chose requires GOOD works. Because a PURE FAITH, TRUST IN GOD absolutely requires LOVING GOD.

If you came up to me and said "I hate GOD" I couldn't believe you could have faith in actually God rather faith in a WRONG IDEA of God.

So to even rightly identify God FOR FAITH Requires a GOOD WORK, the LOVE of GOD.

I can't just trust my toilet, put faith in toilet and thank my toilet for salvation toilet provides. A hairline miss with FAITH is the difference between GOD and a Toilet. I can with 100% certainty say if you don't love God, your faith in a false one.

"And the fact is...you cannot keep the Commandments. When is the last time you offered up sacrifice for sin, Utilyan."

Commandments ain't nothing brother once you have a actual relationship he might give you more commandments..

God gave me an eleventh commandment, Never tell another person they don't have a home.
    Can you believe that?
    The commandments ARE the treasure, not some chore.

I don't love God to pay up Salvation, I Love God for absolutely free.

While your worried about the MENU being the boss, We've done spoke to the cook and already got our orders.

I'm throwing some of my fries at you wondering when are you going to snap out.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Good works is simply a method of keeping commandments and keeping the law. But what does the Bible say about that?

Col.2:14
    (ESV) by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
    --He has nailed the law to the cross. He has paid the debt himself. There is nothing that we can do; not one thing. He won't accept our "good works," in fact he will look upon them as "unclean works," unacceptable in his sight.

He desires a relationship, not a religion; regeneration, not reformation; His work of salvation; not your works of salvation, for you don't have any. He desires to make you the object of His love, for He knows you have no capacity for love for Him. You must first be born again.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

The claim I have no capacity is your own, God never made it. The only reason disobedience and sin is possible is because God gave you the capacity to obey and you did not use it.

You are made in the image of God, the capacity to love God.

We have Parable called the GOOD SEMARATIN. If your idea of God were true, We'd call It the Damned Samaritan.

Luke 10
    25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

I love Luke 10, I LOVE the above verses. I love my holy scripture. I love what Christ approves.

And when someone asks what to do to inherit eternal, I give Christ's answer. Who's answer do you give?

I think I'd joyfully eat my own shoe if I heard certain folks have a love for the scripture above and repeat what Christ commands.

Some folks hate Jesus scriptures and his answers. They'd choke first before saying to do what Jesus says to do.

Just kneel and grovel was Satan method:
    Luke 4
    5And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6And the devil said to Him, “I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7“Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” 8Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND SERVE HIM ONLY.’”

Oh look Jesus' come back is DO GOOD WORKS, Love of God is central the highest priority.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you do these things? Constantly? Perfectly? Without fail? With all your heart, soul, mind and strength?
    You'd better be very certain that you do. 'For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all' (James 2:10).
    'But that no one is justified by keeping the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith." Yet the law is not of faith, but "The man who does these things shall live by them"' (Galatians 3:11).

You have entirely and completely missed the meaning and purpose of the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You don't keep this command. Why would you expect anyone else to? Look at it again:

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

ALL THY SOUL
    ALL THY STRENGTH
    ALL THY MIND.

AND THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

Even if you attempted to keep the second command, who is your neighbor. Elsewhere Jesus taught that our neighbor is the world. If you loved your neighbor you would sell all that you have give to the poor and follow Jesus--follow him to the ends of the world--to the most needy nations of the world--to those nations where the gospel is not preached: Saudia Arabia, Islamic States; countries like Iran and Iraq, Pakistan and Syria, Afghanistan, etc. Are you willing to do that? If not you do not love your neighbor as yourself.

So you love God with "all your strength"? Do you give 100% of your physical energy to the service of the King, always doing without excuse what he wants you to do. Every second of every part of your life is exercised in doing, engaged in some sort of work for him.
    What about "with all your mind"? Is all your mind, thinking always engaged in thinking about Him, and Him alone, and what you can do for Him. Your thoughts are always about Him and no one else? Every thought you have is brought into subjection to the Lord Jesus Christ. You never have a sinful thought that is not conquered by Jesus Christ. You love him with ALL your mind. Every thought is devoted to Him and Him alone.

We haven't even spoken about "the soul" yet.

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Absolutely Love God. God has taught beyond selfish concern, I have a personal responsibility even among worst of sinners.

Matthew 11
    28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Every problem you have in your life can be traced to an ACCUSATION of some kind, They don't call the devil ACCUSER for nothing. Even now the accusation being thrown is that it impossible to stop sinning. With God nothing is impossible.

You have a harder time tying your own shoes, then God has turning a sinner to a saint.

God is the greatest teacher but not good enough to teach you half of what he knows?

John 15
    12“This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14“You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15“No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Jesus tells us to stop sinning, Who would tell someone that not sinning is a sin?

1 john 1
    5This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

1 john 2

1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
    3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

You have an absolute right to stop sinning and to be happy not sinning.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you practice what you preach??

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

There are many parts to these two verses. Let's just take one:
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar,
    --Have you made Christ a liar??

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

Everyone has sinned DHK.

Read it closely. None of it says you can't stop sinning.......

When you sin DHK it is you who sins right? and you gladly chose sin right? It is your fault when you sin?

You want to blame GOD for your wrongs. The license to sin has been revoked.

When you sin its not your fault its because God didn't give you a holy foot or a blessed elect elbow.
    Always HIS FAULT.

When I sin is my fault and I confess it. I don't look for excuses.

1 John 2
    3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

Not sinning is not a CHORE, That is the treasure.

You make it sound like a person can get sick of loving God. Impossible. I can get sick of people's IDEA of God. Some folks idea of God is worst then the Devil.

Stop sinning, that's only the first Gear buddy. Stop sinning that's ORDINARY.

Luke 17
    7But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

God isn't even going to thank you for not sinning, Cause that's you behaving NORMAL for once.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The fact is: You do sin, whether or not you confess it. You sin. The fact that you sin demonstrates that you cannot love God as Christ commanded you to love God:

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

You don't love God with all your soul, strength and mind because you cannot. You sin, and when you do you are not loving God. You are grieving him, disobeying him, transgressing his commandments, etc.
    Say what you will but you cannot keep his commandments all the time.
    You must be born again.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

I must be born again. That's why I'm saying repent and sin no more.

Oh your born again, now you have the capacity to stop and your telling us you don't.

Who's fault is that? God's or Yours?

I really want to know who's fault is it when you sin. Its a sin to believe you can't stop sinning.

You tell everyone here your the only one with the capacity to love God, and you don't even do it and tell others not to even try.

If your dirty you get yourself clean by going to Christ not by making sure everyone else is dirtier then yourself.

Your trying to make a mockery of a perfect teacher. That you are better at being a horrible student then he is being a good teacher.

God helped me, I don't sin, Go figure.

A fake God who is a bad teacher and evil, How many folks he going to teach not to sin?

You need to get on the ball. Quit looking for excuses and license to sin. New word for you Responsibility. When you sin its YOUR FAULT not God's.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The new birth does not come through a simple act of repentance. Neither is it possible for any man "to sin no more." That is why I quoted to you 1John 1:1,10.
    "If you say you have not sinned you make Christ a liar."
    No, the new birth does not give any individual the capacity to completely stop sinning.
    Every man is responsible for his own sin.
    Every man is responsible for his own sin. However, you are wrong. The Bible says that no man can stop sinning. We are not sinless. We won't be sinless until we reach heaven.
    Quote me where I said that. It is a goal we should set to do. I don't believe you seriously give it a try, not by the things that you post. Words are easy to say or post. But they are just words, and that is all. Where are the actions behind the words. Are you willing to be a missionary to some of most remote areas of the world? That is loving your neighbor as yourself. Our "neighbor" is the world.
    Have you gone to Christ? Does His blood wash away all your sin? How do you know?
    We are all entitled to our own opinions.
    Really.
    It is the Bible, God's book, that tells us that no man can live a sinless and perfect life. Although that is not an excuse to sin, neither is it a licence for you to call God "fake" which IMO is inexcusable.
    I don't look for excuses to sin, but it seems that you do. You just called God a name--"fake" Do you know what kind of sin that is?

12. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you admit you are a sinner. Now we're getting somewhere.
    You are telling us to be saved by works, but no one can be saved by works, and that includes your good self. 'For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin' (Eccl. 7:20). 'Therefore, by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified, for by the law is the knowledge of sin' (Rom. 3:20).

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

The reason you think Sin is too BIG is cause you think God is too small.

I can take a hammer go outside and smash my hand with it, for FUN. That would be pretty stupid thing to do.

To sin is even more stupid. Maybe you need help learning how dumb it is?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I agree. It is stupid. But it still needs forgiveness. How does your sin get forgiven, and how do you know?

15. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why do you still do it then?

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

where is my accuser? What did I do wrong so I might apologize for it?

17. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are your own accuser.

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

Saved = Not Sinning.

You'd see that if you consider yourself alive when you love God. But if you don't love God your already in hell.

Name one person in heaven still sinning, then you will make sense.

Galatians 5

19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And yet it was you who said in post # 108:

So you do sin.

20. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

The passage you misuse above is concerning lawlessness, the practice of sin, not that a believer will never sin. It is a remarkable thing to see many as you on here who are deceived into grave errors of old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.