1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deceitful Reverend

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by GodzPropertee, Jul 1, 2006.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

BCF writes:
    "I am a pastor and I would hate to find out a staff member was trying to pull this kind of garbage.
    BTW, if he were on my staff I would suspend him with pay on condition that he seek counsolling for himself and marriage counsoling with his wife. If he refused I would have no choice but to fire him."

I noticed that no one asked what type of Baptist church he is "Reverend " of. Although she is from Tenn., some baptist churches can be very liberal and have no standards for their ministers. For instance, the SBC had to disassociate with two churches in N. C. for ordaining Homosexual ministers.

Contacting the church may have no effect.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what the history is, but as far as I am concerned, brother is just fine, or just call me my nickname.

In the Philippines where I came from, they're very particular about being addressed either as Reverend or Pastor, and feel offended if one just says brother, but then the Filipinos have a streak of Spanish orgullo (pride) in them, having been under Spain for more than 300 years.

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I don't mean to derail the subject, but Bro. Tim (pinoy), I have been trying to get a hold of you.

Please send me a PM so I can get your email.

Back to topic...

there is but one Reverend, and that is the Most Reverend Holy Father. No, not the pope. I'm talking about my God.

This "reverend" sounds like bad news.

He is certainly setting himself up for temptation by staying in a room with a woman he isn't married to; even if nothing happened. Talk about appearing evil.

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I've got to agree with Helen on this one.

(Barbarian glances nervously skyward to make sure it's not falling)

Fact is, when a guy lies to you about whether or not he's married, and you give him a second chance when he claims the divorce will be final any day now, you need to ask yourself why you set yourself up.

And it's not the smartest thing to spend time with him in a hotel room. You think a minister is going to marry someone who does that?

#24 The Galatian, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  5. Link

Link New Member

How to proceed?

If the guy is married, even if he is preparing for a divorce, what business do you have dating him?

Look up 'divorce' in a concordance and read all the verses.

Before I was married, one of the criteria I had was not to marry a woman who had ever been divorced (unless her spouse had died.)

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well this made me chuckle. :laugh:

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

The phrase "flee from sin" comes to mind.

Look for opportunities to volunteer and give you time to further God's kingdom in some way. Leave this guy in the dust. When you are focused on doing something else for God, you may be surprised at what (or who) God sends your way.

Leave this guy in the dust. Oh, I said that already. I really mean it.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Don't think it was bananas Helen or seriously doubt it. Just a thought knowing how us humans are. I guess they could of been studing Scripture, "say David".