1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Decline of Evangelicalism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Most of us retirement age or older have witnessed the greatest change since creation; THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY which naturally includes NASA & THE SPACE AGE. A conservative estimate would be that 80% of total technology we possess today came about in our lifetime, Brace yourself "You aint seen nutin yet". The next ten to fifteen years will be the greatest change ever; THE CULTURE CHANGE.
    Below is an article that bares out what I have been saying for several years now.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0310/p09s01-coop.html

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The sad thing is that many have been talking for years about the seismic shift that is coming in our culture and how the Church needs to prepare for it.

As we enter a decidely post-Christian era in the history of western civilization the Churhc has an amazing opportunity to respond appropriately and see a amazing wave of revival surge through our culture. This is a great opportunity.

Of course I think there are many good things going on in Christianity and evangelicalism. These recent studies are fine ones but seem to try to identify Christianity by old traditional denominationalistic standards and not the more autonomistic way most churches operate today.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to stop making false attempts at tying culture to evangelism as if somehow it beholden to it. This hyper-sensitivity to culture (which is really sub-culture inmost cases) is a hyper-intellectualism that relies more on mans' efforts and what he can figure out than on the word and the Holy Ghost.

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I agree. The church must be separate from the state. We've seen a lot of damage done to the church in recent years by identifying with the Republican party.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The Republican party is "the state" now? When did that happen?

I've seen far more damage to the reputation of Christians done by liberals that claim to be Christians.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The state is made up of politicians from both parties. Agreed? Besides, I'm talking about the state as in "Render unto Caesar..."

I've also seen a lot of damage by conservatives claiming to be Christians. I think we can agree that people who are Christians in name only cause a lot of damage to the church and to evangelism.

#7 JustChristian, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009