1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Deeply Troubled

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by salzer mtn, May 27, 2014.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Gary, this is not a spiritually healthy situation for you or your family. There may be great expository preaching and you may have good friends there you have come to know and enjoy fellowshipping with, but these kinds of churches with no checks and balances (which are mandated in the scriptures for this very reason) will actually harm your understanding of God and your walk with God, and if you have children listening to this unbiblical stuff which is mixed in they will get indoctrinated much easier than an adult and you will one day find them thinking as this man does.

Like I said, I had a brother who sat under such a man who impressed his own personal views as gospel. He finally walked away from it, but after tens years of it he became "gun shy" towards all churches because if it. And his children who are now 21 and 18 want nothing to do with church. And you know why my brother stayed for ten years? Because he liked the expository preaching, and I listened to the man preach the Word a few times and he was spot on great! But those areas where he spouted out his own convictions about how one should believe and shamed the church into believing it his way were devastating to many of the people who had gone there for years, I personally know many of them.

I pray God opens a new and Holy Spirit led church for you :praying:

p.s. despite what you may hear from some brethren of the Calvinistic persuasion, the Holy Spirit of God is doing marvelous things in the non-Calvinistic churches as well. Don't let Calvinism verses Arminianism dictate were God wants you to be, seek Him, but understand He may lead you were you didn't expect Him to lead you. :thumbs: I have many Calvinist friends with whom I fellowship with, and we love each other.