1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Defending our liberties - from a Christian point of view

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

[​IMG]

Sure you want to join that act?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The problem with tyrants in the USA is that no matter which party they come from their faithful followers will defend them no matter how evil they are or how much damage they do to this country.

I find it incredible that as Christians we'll argue that we have a duty to defend the oppressed in every other country in the world but our own. It's okay for us to remove tyrants in Iraq or Libya but we have to obey our own tyrants here at home?

It don't add up.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why what would happen if he did? You'd post silly pictures. SN would. stalk him around the board and call him names and Salty would ask questions but never answer any. Big deal you guys don't scare anyone but you are kinda entertaining . . . sometimes.

#23 poncho, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

and the beat goes on and on and on..............

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep, stalk and demonize, stalk and demonize. Some things never change. :rolleyes:

#25 poncho, Jun 16, 2013
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's about the only one with the documented facts to hold CBT, MP and the other resident Marxists' feet to fire.

He's right.

Holding to your position is selling the U.S. down the river.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you carefully review this thread, you will notice that I have not stated my position regarding the OP.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Arbo doesn't have a position with him it's just . . .

[​IMG]

He'll wait until someone else starts the personal attack train rolling then he'll climb on board for a free ride.

#28 poncho, Jun 16, 2013
  9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Poncho- I have done you a disservice by not encouraging you in your work, so in the spirit of new beginnings, I would like to congratulate you on the fine job you have done educating others about the dangers of playing with fire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7PMWhLBMlQ

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's been done before Arbo. :sleep: If you ever were to come up anything original I'd probably fall off my computer chair. Gee golly wow man I'd be shocked if you could just stick to the topic instead of trying to emulate Salty and SN.

The three amigos ride again. :1_grouphug:

#30 poncho, Jun 16, 2013
  11. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." My belief is that as Christians we need to always have the perspective that our allegiance to Christ must always take precedance over any worldly alliances. We certainly should take part in the business of America by speaking out on the issues and voting from a Christian perspective. For an individual to join and be active in any political party is also fine. But these are individual actions. The church as a body should never ally itself with a political party nor should pastors or church leaders express support for any political party or candidate. When church and state become intertwined as they have become in m,any churches today the church always suffers.

For one thing if the church endorses one political party it immediately loses its ability to reach the 50% of Americans of the other party. Our first objective must always be to spread the gospel not to win political battles.