1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Degree in Christian Counseling

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by milby, Apr 27, 2011.

1. milby

milby Member

I am thinking about pursuing a degree in Christian counseling. I am a Police Officer at a State University and often deal with students of all age groups going through all different kinds of personal problems.

I would also like to have the formal education to be a sort of "Chaplain" if you will. Although I can't really initiate a conversation about Christianity in the course of the job, I would like to be available and for it to be known that I am available for Christian counsel if asked.

What would be a recommended degree to pursue and where? I would also have to be able to do it online.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty has a pastoral counseling degree (non-licensure) and a professional counseling degree (licensure track).

The licensure track does require some on-campus intensives (week-long classes).

www.luonline.com