1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat has suitcase stolen

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Apr 26, 2024.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 24:17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about all the business owners and everyday people getting ripped off daily? I deem it a good thing for the politicians to get a taste of the evil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil.

Romans 12:20 If thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every previous world empire has always come to an end. The United States will be no different, and if Christ returns before that to end this present heavens and earth and to usher in the new heavens and earth wherein dwells righteousness, then the United States' world empire will also come to an end anyway.

7. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have no desire to do my enemy harm. But if we have lawmakers making it soft on crime I deem it a good thing for them to experience the terrible reality they are soft on at the expense on others they do not know.

4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
    5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. - Job 2

In other words the point is being made that man does not really care on the reality that occurs to others. But... Of course... Reading the story... We find that Job endured the evil of both his kinsman and his own flesh that followed. I would imagine that after the trials he emerged a better man.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crime should be primarily an issue for local government rulers and, as needed, state government rulers.

I used to think that if we could just get the U.S. Constitution adhered to that the federal Leviathan could be brought under some semblance of control. I no longer think that. The creation of the federal Leviathan under the U.S. Constitution is not a bug, it's a feature. Therefore, I advocate ditching the U.S. Constitution and returning to the original constitution of the United States, the Articles of Confederation, adjusted as needed 243 years after it went into effect in 1781 - which was how what turned into the Constitutional Convention, which created the U.S. Constitution, was originally sold as being for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baptizo

Baptizo Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He’s running for Senate in my state and will probably get two-thirds of the vote simply because he has a “D” next to his name.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same situation here in Arkansas except for "R's" in statewide races. I figure the Republicans could run a No. 2 lead pencil and win 65% of the vote in a statewide race. The legislature is around 70% R's. Must be nice for those folks that live in states where the two old, worn-out, past their use-by date parties are competitive with each other. If the voters have to put up with them, it would at least be more interesting.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Shifft have a “go fund me” pages? Maybe someone wants to donate so he can buy new luggage?

Wasn’t there a trans member of the Admin stealing luggage? Of curse, they focused on women’s luggage and Shifft is a …. ? He is from California and supports all this radical trans ideology being taught to kids so… has he declared?

peace to you

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really liked it when I was much younger and there was way more focus on debating policy issues, instead of the constant insipid character attacks that are the currency of the political realm nowadays. Just makes my disdain for the Republican and Democratic Parties grow more and more each day.

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn’t you say in another thread you wanted to repeal the U.S. Constitution and replace it with the Articles of Confederacy?

If so, perhaps you could explain why that’s a good idea?

peace to you

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Articles of Confederation, not Confederacy.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the 10th Amendment is largely ignored these days, I advocate that the United States should return to the Articles of Confederation and the emaciated national government that it had. I think that doing so would make the 50 states about as close as we could get nowadays to each state being responsible for itself. Without a national government trying to control everything, and tax and tax and spend and spend, it would mitigate the issue of this one-size-fits-all national government power grabs.

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. When were these in place?

peace to you

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1781-1789.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think anyone here has declared Schiff an enemy. Personally, I don't consider Democrats to be enemies, just gravely mistaken. (Two sisters voted for Biden.)