1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Demons

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mlg1019, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Vaspers, Maybe I am wrong here, and I hope so, but I am going to make an observation that some people seem to "obsess" on certain issues. Whether it be "occult", "sex", "drugs", "Rock n Roll" or any other worldly issues, and yes "occult" is worldly because Satan walks the Earth.

All of these worldy sins and issues are all symptoms of something missing, and that is Jesus Christ working in a persons life. As Christians rather than continuing to worry about the issues of the world, we need to focus our attention on God and where we are going, not where we came from.

If we will work at getting people's minds interested in the Lord's work, then the Lord will take care of the worldly issues. Ref: Pauline epistles.

I think our witness would be a lot more effective if we just simply focus on Jesus Christ. Really, the Earthly problems will shatter when confronted with the Power of the almighty God.

2. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Some obsess, yes, and some ignore. Both are bad.

I'm more obsessed with web usability analysis than the inroads the occult is making in churches and schools. Still, it's troublesome.

God "worried" about sins enough to send His Son to die for them.

And God went to all that literary trouble to give us a Bible full of warnings, descriptions, and remedies for sinful acts.

Yes focus on Jesus. And Jesus said, "Repent."

"Repent" from what? Failure? Loneliness?

NO, repent from sin. And how can one repent from sin if they don't know what is sin and what isn't?

meageriekeeper: have you read any HP books?

Do you know anything at all about the sin and practice of witchcraft? Adults are too busy with their careers and relationships and clubs and SUVs and whatever...to inspect what youth do.

You say rock is big. What groups in particular? What lyrics do they sing or listen to? What is the message they get in rock?

do you know the difference between The Prayer Chain and The Cure?

do you know the name of eminem's last CD?

What is the difference between speed metal and death metal?

Where did J.K. Rowling get her spell formulas?

If HP is okay, is Aleister Crowley? or Theosophy? how about Sensitivity Training? or trust falls? or guided imagery? or remote viewing?

I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.

I used to work at Scholastic Inc. and saw how the occult and ESP powers were introduced into the editorial content...and by whom.

You'd be surprised.

Very surprised.

How do you think satan is trying to infiltrate schools and youth groups?

[​IMG]

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Vaspers, I think we actually agree. A lot of it is in the application and yes, I agree with you that sin is creeping into every area of life and sadly enough I feel the United States has crossed a boundary that we may not be able to back out of without serious repentance -- at least in the Christian community -- to start with. I have no doubts that everything you say is occuring, but as a Christian, most people cannot deal with every issue of influence by sin because it is overwhelming and therefore, I agree with you that we are to turn to God and use His Word as our guide.