1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Denominational Sites

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by rlvaughn, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Anyone heard of the General Six-Principle Baptists?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Michael, we have several members who are associated with them. You could do a search and read some old posts. I believe it's been at least 6 months since this was discussed.

Diane

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Has anyone heard of "Spiritual Baptists"? I've met two men recently (different occasions)who said that they were of this group. Both men are from Trinidad/Tabago, so is this group only in that region? does anyone know anything about them? thanx

5. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spiritual Baptists — also known as Shakers or Shouters — are rooted in the West Indies and are generally thought to have derived their practices from a blend of African religious customs and the influence of Shakers from England and from black immigrants from the southern United States.

The sect was prohibited for many years; the repeal of that law is now occasion for an annual public holiday.

A few sites:

http://religions.caribbeaninside.com/showreligion.do?code=008

http://www.nalis.gov.tt/Communities/communities_SPIRITUALBAPTISTS_beliefs.htm

http://www.n2consulting.com/brochure.htm

6. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Thank you very much! [​IMG]

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Where is the headquarters for the Six-Principle Baptists?

8. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

Been away from the board awhile. I've never heard of the Six-Principle Baptists. Upon reading their website, I'm a bit confused as to some of their beliefs. Are they into the "tongues" issue or just the laying on of hands? Both seemed to be of paramount importance at the Pentecostal Church I once attended. I admit being a bit leary of any church that is into too many manifestations of the Holy Spirit or what they determine the "signs" to be. More info anyone?

9. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michael: I doubt there is anything like a full-fledged headquarters. The Rev. Kenneth C. Allen Sr., is the General Association director and is from Opelika, AL.

Mitsy: This is from the questionnaire for ministerial candidates:

10. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

Sounds like a wonderful "Baptist" group. Too bad there are none close to where I live. Probably would be an interesting and uplifting place to worship.

11. Brandon

Brandon New Member

12. BibleJunky

BibleJunky Guest

anyone might know what GILEAD BAPTIST CHURCH in allen park, Mi and Open Door Baptist Church in Detroit, Mi's Denomination is? I've heard they're Indy's but would like to know for sure.

-BibleJunky

13. Dallaeus

Dallaeus New Member

How about the IFCA International (formerly I.F.C.A.)
    Independent Fundamental Churches of America was started in 1930.

Artimaeus,

My father-in-law is a member of the IFCA International. I would define it as a fellowship of pastors, churches and agencies (missions, Bible Colleges)sharing the same doctrinal position. The IFCA originated from the Fundamentalist-Modernist controversy, when a group of pastors decided to leave the compromised denominations without aligning themselves with one of the new Fundamentalist bodies (like the GARBC, the BPC...).
    Note that I would not call the IFCA in itself (by the way, many among the founders were Presbyterians or Congregationalists);I would rather link it to the "Bible Church" Movement.

And, if you do not have a church and have an IFCA close to where you live, why don't you pay them a visit?

T

14. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America

16. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

Amen! [​IMG] I love Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America! In June 2005, DBFA will celebrate its 25th Anniversary in Kansas City, Mo. I will be there for sure. I am looking forward for it. I have nothing against DBFA. I am no doubt God is truly blessing DBFA through many years. Many were saved, surrendered God's call. I admit Dr. John Clark. To members of baptistboard, I let you know, Dr. John Clark is a deaf evangelist, also, founder of DBFA. He have a big heart for deaf souls in America. I respect him very well.

I glad Rev. Terry Buchholz was voted for DBFA Chairman. To members of baptistboard, Rev. Terry Buchholz is a deaf pastor of deaf church in Maryland near Washington D.C. I highly admit him very well. I support him so well. He believes in high standards. He preaching so strong.

I aware DBFA is an independent fundamental baptist. nearly KJV Onlyism (sorry to saying that). It is pretrib and premill, also teach security salvation.

But, I support DBFA, because they preaching against sins and need revivals for deaf in America.

I hope there will be over 500 deaf attendance at DBFA 25th Anniversary. I am looking forward to see there. Askjo, will you be there also?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

DeafPosttrib, DBFA is too much "evangelistic" movement, but it is less educated on the spiritual life. That is sad.

DBFA only uses the KJV and will stop if a speaker using the corrupted bible version preached becauuse DBFA does not allow any modern versions for preaching, teaching or memorization.

I know Dr. John Clark for 25 years. I also know Rev. Terry Buchholz for some years.

DeafPosttrib quoted:
    It is up to God's will for me to be done if I can go or not.

18. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

AGREE! :eek:

DBFA needs much more preaching on spiritual life, and needs revival, not just preaching salvation too much.

I remember back in year 2000 A.D. DBFA was host in Ohio. That theme was about evangelistic to preach the gospel too much, but lack of preaching spiritual life. Rev. Terry Buchholz was not happy with them. He did preached on spiritual life, off the theme what DBFA expected all speakers to preaching.

Years ago, I attend Bill Rice Ranch. To baptists, I do mean mean to offend your feeling toward Bill Rice Ranch. I do believe God blessing Bill Rice Ranch for many years, because of the result of salvation. Several deaf people who attend that camp, were saved, and called to preached, Today some of them were saved from there, are now served the Lord. Rev. Reggie Rempel was saved at Bill Rice Ranch as teenager. Now, he is full-time serving the LOrd, he have many roles of servant. Thank God for Bill Rice Ranch.

But my heart broken for B.R.R. I have been attend there few times. FIrst time I attend B.R.R. in year 1993. There were about 500 deaf attendance. Then next 2 years later, the number of deaf attendace declined to about 200. Then next in my third visit in 1996, the number of deaf attendance declined to about 70. I was disappoint with B.R.R. because I have been seen preaching during services in the nights. The speakers preaching on salvation very basic too much. But not preaching on spiritual life, and preach against sins. I do not blame on speakers for that. I did talked with Bill Rice III in person about that situation. I told him, B.R.R. needs chnage so much badly, preaching on salvation very basic too much is not good. Deaf needs to hear on spiritual life and preaching against sins, because they need revival so badly. Guess what? He disagreed with me. He told me, he prefers want to stay with salvation all the times.

I have been seen so many deaf came down at the invatition time, they just copy pray in sinner's prayer for salvation. But, they were not actually repent of sins. They just came down for follow their friends' sake. Also, they were claim of their salvation because of their mind, not heart.

Also, duirng preaching in the service, I watched young deaf teenagers were chat, chat, chat, joking each other during service too much, not pay attention what the speaker talking about. Why? Because they were tired to hear the same old message repeat and repeat every year nothing new to them. That why they were not pay attention what the speakers saying. That why I was not happy with B.R.R. and Bill Rice III too. He doesn't listen my advice. So, I decided not go to B.R.R. again for good.

Both B.R.R. and DBFA much need improving on their areas, for example - focus more spiritual life. Why, because our spiritual moral in America is decling so fast. We need revival so badly.

Agree?

In Christ

19. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

By the way, I agree with you. DBFA should stay sticky with KJV for the services and workshops too. All speakers and teachers at DBFA must use KJV to teaching or preaching all the times. If suppose DBFA asks me to teaching or preaching, I must use KJV all the time.

Let you know, do not be surprise, NOT every deaf people who attend DBFA bring their own KJV with them. Let leave them alone, make them feel comfortable what kind of versions, they use.

But for teachers, speakers, they must use KJV for to preaching or teaching all the time.

In Christ

20. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I agree! Why not?
    How did you know?
    I was there for ten years.
    Whoa! Whoa! I realize why numbers of Deaf youths declined because of the lack of Deaf churches in the USA. Not many! A few churches now! I recalled I was there at BRR in 1980 for my last camp. There were over 1,000 deaf youths because of many, many deaf churches. But today is small. Many Deaf churches were closed because preachers to the deaf have quit
    I agree! That is quick prayism.
    Yes and no. They lost their interest to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. On other words, they flirted each other as same as deaf school. Boys wanted around the girls; girls wanted around the boys.
    Amen!