1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured DESPICABLE: Look what universities are now teaching about 9-11

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “the syllabus, which includes books like “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” and “Poems from Guantanamo: Detainees Speak,” portray terrorists as “freedom fighters” driven by oppressive US foreign policies.

Even highly ranked University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has adopted the curriculum. The 9/11 seminar is taught by UNC associate English professor Neel Ahuja, who specializes in “post-colonial studies.”
    In Ahuja’s twisted worldview, al-Qaida terrorists are the real victims. “Abu Zubaydah’s torture may be interpreted as simply one more example of the necropower of US imperialism, the power to coerce and kill targeted populations,” Ahuja recently wrote in an academic paper criticizing the war on terror.

He says America’s depiction of the 9/11 terrorists as “monsters” is merely an attempt to “animalize” them as insects and justify “squashing” them in “a fantasy of justice.”

http://www.allenbwest.com/ashleyedw...what-universities-are-now-teaching-about-9-11

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is true then the universities have just exchanged one wrong conclusion for another. They still overlook that the main instigators of that event were in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From across the pond ....

Was there a proper - properly funded - enquiry into 9/11?
    How could pilots, half-trained on light aircraft, fly big jets at high speed & great precision?
    Why weren't the planes intercepted & shot down when it becameapparent what was happening - or didn't the air traffic controllers know?
    If not, surely extreme incompetence was at work.
    How could hijackers get through screening with sufficient weapons to hijack?
    How did 2 planes demolish 3 buildings?
    Why did the building collapse in a 'free-fall' manner?
    What hit the Pentagon, & why aren't we shown the security videos?

Plenty of topics for university research - or even an official enquiry.

4. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there was an official enquiry. The findings - specifically those ones that contradicted the official story - were buried. Some even on the board complained about how their research was deep-sixed.

You can read about that, and a more plausible (more sinister) account of the events of that horrible day in the book, "Where did the Towers Go?" by Dr. Judy Wood.

5. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there was only a superficial enquiry.

The purpose was to establish grounds for the Iraq war. Who cares about truth?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was looking for the agree-on-both-counts button.

Many Americans understand that the official story is full of holes. This event was the first time that I began to seriously change my views on our government. At first I believed the official account, but as the evidence slowly came in I concluded that there was "something rotten in the State of Denmark".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess it was too much to hope for, a public forum free from truthers.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No kidding. Pathetic.

10. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Questioning the story you've been given makes one a "truther", eh? Then I am glad to be one. You should try it some time.

Our founding fathers would smile on you. You would be showing the critical thinking skills they were counting on from future generations of Americans.

Hmm. If everyone agrees with you then you are not in a "public forum", but an amen corner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glib one-liners. Also pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose, because you made the section in a large font, that you wanted us to notice. Yes, it is possible to have a superficial 624 page inquiry - when you ignore critical points that seriously required addressing.

For those who want to investigate further, rather than just putting on the my-country-right-or-wrong blinders, I suggest this link:

http://www.wanttoknow.info/officialsquestion911commissionreport

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That link gives the reasoned opinions of experts who totally reject the official/superficial report.

Who was responsible for the murder of the 3,000 ?
    And the resulting "crusade" against Muslim nations?
    Who benefited financially from the insurance claims?
    And who stole the gold?
    We all know that the WMD story was a pack of lies, a deliberate deception to justify war. The U.K. prime minister Blair insistence on the story has resulted in a change of name - Bliar.

Someone, some organization, some well equipped power in the U.S. organized the attack and demolition, and the subsequent mass murder of Muslims and destruction of cities, homes and infrastructure.
    And of course the refugee crisis.

Despicable indeed, but would universities lose their funding for that syllabus?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I spent the last half hour reading the report.
    The assumption made from the outset is that bin Laden & al Qaeda were responsible - carried out by 19 young Arabs - but that internal security procedures were inadequate to cope with a totally unprecedented attack, so that no-one in authority is to blame.

It is well-known that terrorist attacks against US & Israeli interests result in MASSIVE reprisals, so that the extreme degree of calculation necessary to carry out such an attack would include a consequent risk assessment.

I note in the report that words like "israel" & "mossad" do not appear, but one might have hoped Israeli intelligence would make a major contribution to US security, considering the massive funding provided by the US taxpayer.

No. That report reads as a report designed to accuse al Qaeda & exonerate the US admin, NOT to actually investigate the 9/11 attack.

15. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys need to help me out. When I hear people questioning 9/11 I start to expect the "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" and "Bush put explosives in the Towers" standard truthers.

Now it sounds like you're just upset that the 9/11 report doesn't explicitly state that the thousands of people that died deserved it because of American foreign policy.

The whole thing seems cut and dry to me: bin Laden mad at US troops in Saudi. What do you guys believe?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because al Qaeda did it and we have the evidence. Furthermore, they took credit for it. Are you saying the US administration was complicit in the 911 attacks?

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all do not know. In fact no one with any credibility believes this. The intelligence may have been wrong but lies it was not. Just a reality check.

18. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To whom is that reply addressed? Why should bin Laden be mad at US troops in Saudi? He may have been a Saudi national, but he was in Afghanistan,, & was strong supported & equipped by the US while it suited.

There are certainly many more questions than satisfactory answers.

The assumption is that the plane would crash through the building because of high velocity.
    Q1 - if you hit a hollow aluminium structure with a steel girder, what gives way.
    Q2 - if you then hit a steel girder with a hollow aluminium stucture, with the same force, what gives way?
    Q3 - drop a house brick on a balsa wood plane, what breaks?
    Q4 - fly a balsa wood plane into a brick wall, what breaks?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh is poncho back under a new name?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do we pursue this in a Christian, baptist forum?

Who are the "WE" who have the evidence? We, the general public, have all seen the official videos & photos.

We haven't seen the video of a jet airliner hitting the Pentagon, making a neat round hole in the building. We haven't seen the debris of wings, engines & tail that were way beyond the hole.

We did see videos of immediate celebrations by Arabs & Israelis immediately after the twin towers were struck, but that doesn't provide evidence of guilt.

We heard the immediate attribution to Islamic terrorists - the axis of evil - & the declaration of a crusade against Al Qaeda.

"We" don't need further evidence, "we" know who did it. And, of course, getting someone, anyone, for the crime is more important than getting the right perpetrator. We know that from murder mysteries like "Murder she wrote."

And Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen ..... pay the price.
    Also the Christians in those lands pay the price because of "Christian" America is destroying the countries where they live .....

We have a Gospel of peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.