1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Destructive Mayhem in South Africa, it can happen here

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, some lady from SA was talking about this on the plane. The government jailed the former president, some guy named Zuma for contempt of court. Like it happens here, the protests led to riots that led to looting and other mayhem. She told me a shopping mall went up in flames, and they called out the army.

No fan of Zuma here, he is an ANC thug that split the party further after he stole literally millions worth of property and land. Sure, there are parallels to be made with the problems in the US, hope their military can put an end to this chaos.

5. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  6. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Black Panthers Vow To ‘Kill Everything White In Sight’ – Def-Con News (defconnews.com)
    That same or similar extremist anti-white talk is right here in the US. Question is how many listen to it. I would say plenty do, which is why the demands for reparations, critical race theory, equity is coming from the highest government officials. But you can see where it is headed in this kind of talk, where they make up the facts to suit their agendas to incite people to violence over lies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I would say it can't happen in certain areas of the U.S. The more culturally homogenous an area, the less likely there can be conflict because there won't even be two sides.

Ex. I live deep in dark-red Appalachia. Almost everyone here is Anti-Marxist and Christian, there is not an opposing side for the most part so there can't be much violence. Same in deep-blue Connecticut where most are Liberal and Pro-Commies. I think the violence in the U.S will break out along the border areas between Anti-Marxist (rural) and Pro-Marxist (Urban). Suburbs and exurbs would see riots, not small towns or big cities.