1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Developing: Nuclear Cover-Up?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jun 8, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In a developing story that is raising concerns over a potential nuclear cover-up by the EPA, alarming amounts of radiation were reported near the border of Indiana and Michigan and later censored by the EPA online geiger tool. The readings, which were captured in a screenshot, measured as high as 7,139 counts per minute (CPM). This is particularly startling, as the normal radiation levels are generally between 5 and 6 CPM. Sources say that a Department of Homeland Security hazmat team has now been dispatched after ‘years’ of inactivity.

A number of community reports have came in on the subject in fact, with readers of community boards and concerned citizens offering up some interesting and intriguing information regarding the potential radiation cover-up. Discussion over the information first began to surface on internet boards like Reddit and user-submitted news source Digital Journal. In the Reddit submission, which ultimately reached thousands of comments — many from those in the area who had contacted radiation monitoring stations and other affiliated individuals — and brought some further information to light.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

3. Sapper Woody

Here's another story from the same page talking about helicopters and explosions in the vicinity of the radiation.

http://naturalsociety.com/explosions-military-helicopters-filmed-radiation-zone/

I am not sure what is going on, but I am not too concerned. Sounds like a military excersize to me, and any explosion will raise radiation a little bit. I am seeing different reports on the number, though. One report said 7,139. One said 7.139. Another simply said that it was hundreds of times higher than normal.

4. Sapper Woody

I need to retract my previous assertion that 7,000 CPM would burn you. I did some more research, and the CPM is not the determining factor in burns. I admit that I do not understand it completely, but am trying to learn some more.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will turn out to be nothing. Time will tell.