1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Ananias and Sapphira go to hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the "it" in Jn 1.32 is referring to the form of the dove. I may ask about this in one of the Baptist forums where someone who knows Greek can comment.

I have an interlinear Greek and the word "it" is not in 1 Pet 1.11.

I assume, SFIC, that you would agree the HS is God, the 3rd Person of the Trinity. Therefore, I don't refer to the HS as "it."

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But Ahab repented before he died.

3. standingfirminChrist

The Bible does not say the Holy Spirit looked like a dove, or that it was in the form of a dove. John said he saw the Spirit descending from Heaven. It (He, the Holy Spirit) descended like a dove.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
    Ever notice how a dove descends when it is landing?

4. standingfirminChrist

Concerning the death of Ahab, Ahab was told if he went to Ramathgilead and fought against them, he would prevail.

It was revealed that the Lord allowed a lying spirit to deceive that wicked king and he went to fight and was killed.

Reminds me of 1 Thessalonians 5, where we read that God would send strong delusions that they believe a lie and be damned who received not the word of truth.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

SFIC, you seem to be ignoring Ahab's repentance. God punished him, but I think his repentance and the fact that the Bible says he slept when he died indicates he was saved. God saves some pretty bad characters.

As far as the HS - I didn't say the HS became a dove. I just said, or meant to say, that the word "it" grammatically could be referring to the word "dove" in that sentence. If not, I am also wondering if "Spirit" in Greek takes the neutral "it." I don't have time to check that out now.

#25 Marcia, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007