1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Bush Lie About Iraq?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Revmitchell, May 7, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somebody did.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one has ever proved he did. Being wrong is not lying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He wasn't wrong. He was stupid. He told them we were coming for almost a year. They moved everything to Syria.
    Bush should have used the CIA to restart the Iran-Iraq war and took out two problems without us having to fight anyone.

5. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's consider an illustration -
    I use my constitutional right to carry a gun;
    Someone approaches me, & puts his hand in his pocket;
    I think he's drawing his gun,
    1) so I draw mine & shoot him; then discover he's unarmed.
    or
    2) I wait to see if he's drawing a gun, & see he's taken out a handkerchief.

1) is a simple mistake - I was wrong, & the chap is dead - but am I guilty of 1st degree murder?

Bush & UK's Tony Blair suspected WMDs & were magnifying dubious evidence that weapon's inspectors didn't find pointed to WMDs.
    The UK inspector, David Kelly spoke of the evidence being "sexed up" & promptly died in dubious circumstances.

Bush & Blair believed Hussein had WMDs & invaded & bombed Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands, totally destabilising the country & by the use of DU weapons pollution the land with long lasting radioactive chemicals that continue to cause birth defects in Iraqis & allied soldiers & their families - the supposed mysterious "Gulf War Syndrome."

Sarcasm alert -
    But it was all a simple mistake - nobody lied, & nobody was guilty. Our leaders were acting in good faith for the defense of our countries.
    Our "Christian" leaders have followed up bombing Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria ..... and now Iran is their next target using data from the arch-human rights advocate Netanyahu.
    The slaughter of millions, the destruction of countries, even civilisations, & the Arab refugee problem is all based on a simple mistake, misinterpreting the evidence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea what you are talking about. It wasn't Bush and Blair that came to these conclusions it was the intelligence community that did. There was almost no one who did not believe this. So saying that this was all Bush & Blair is either ignorant or a flat out lie.

7. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was at work watching some of the TV News about the WMDs. I remember saying to a former US Congressman's son and fellow employee, to his dismay, "I'm more concerned about the weapons of mass deception". Just sayin'

#7 1689Dave, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeup, that's what I firmly believe.
    The Iraqi military under Hussian as Soviet\Russian clients operated under Soviet doctrine with Soviet hardware. I remember seeing a picture of members of the Russian General Staff in Baghdad just before the opening of hostilities in GW2.

The Soviet\Russian military strategic doctrine utilizes two factors Dizinformatziya and maskarova (disinformation and masking) to a greater extent than other militaries. The Iraqis used these factors in regards to WMD to keep the Iranians at bay and to intimidate the West. In fact, the Iraqi dizinformatziya and maskarova operations succeeded beyond all Iraqi expectations. So, the West fully believed the disinformation the Iraqis fed them. The Russians saw no reason to blow the Iraqi deception.

So, it wasn't that the West lied to their citizens. The various governments fully believed they had good solid intelligence. They forgot the lessons they taught the Germans with Operation Fortitude.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh

Really dumb unequivilent comparison.

Not even close.

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually one may not be guilty of murder for shooting an unarmed man. Totality of circumstances, not armed, determines justification of homicide.