1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

did Christ die for our spirit ,or for our flesh to be saved?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by athanaseusperez, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Me2

Me2 New Member

PowerndBlood,

as touching the two versions of creation.

the first death is witnessed by the Elect. It is the death of the spiritual "death consiousness" towards God.

the "second" death is the actual demise of corporal power of the "death consiousness" towards God.

meaning that man is first formed in "death consiousness".
    only when confronted by the law does he know of this truth. the laws job is to uncover this truth that man is spiritually "dead" or spiritually seperated from God.

dying to this existence is exibited by dying to the "death consiousness" as individuals.

although the "death consiousness" (corporally) still exists until the power of this "death consiousness" towards all creation that is under its control cannot be controlled any longer.

making the power of the death consiousness useless and of no effect towrds all creation.

the first death is the death of the death counsiousness that the elect witness towards as individuals.

the second death is the death of the (corporal) power of death (or death counsiousness towards God exibited by all creation)

the two versions here....

God forms man in death and then death is taken away and replaced by eternal life.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

the lake of fire, or the second death, is a symbol of the righteous power of Christ towards all creation.

the second death is actually eternal life towards all creation.

2. PowerndBlood

PowerndBlood New Member

I don't think so me2, nice try but no cigar.

The first death is bodily, then the Judgement in my bible.

Heb:9:27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

You do not get to the judgement unless you die(flesh) or the Lord returns.

You do not want anything to do with the second death,

Re:21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Re:2:10: Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Re:2:11: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

How does one overcome? by being born again by faith in Christ Jesus.

1Jo:5:4: For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, *EVEN OUR FAITH*.

1Jo:5:5: Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

3. athanaseusperez

athanaseusperez New Member

4. athanaseusperez

5. athanaseusperez

If i am not worth your time , then why did you take the time to write me your sermon on the love of Christ ?

6. athanaseusperez

7. PowerndBlood

PowerndBlood New Member

athanaseusperez, thank God that we were ALL worth His time.

8. athanaseusperez

Read in genesis where after Adam sinned . Then God slew a lamb . Thats the chapter and verse . He that committeth adultery destroys his soul, not spirit . But I will answer that part anyway . Your soul doesnt die then until you commit adultery . Did you commit adultery when you were born or something ? Eze. 18:4 It says the soul that sinneth , it shall die . Theres no plurality of any other soul dying for one mans sin . This states an individual dying for the sin he commits like it says in the N.T when sin is finished, it bringeth forth death. Use the whole context for Mic. 6:7 .
    I am not saying that your soul doesnt get saved . Read my first question . It says did Christ die for our flesh or for our spirit to be saved . Stick with the argument . Nice try though with your verses . But all the verses prove nothing about being born dead , but quite the opposite . They prove that with ones personal actions, then the death takes place and doesnt even agree with your argument that one is born dead . Thanks for taking the bibles side though .

9. athanaseusperez

10. athanaseusperez

Thats good preaching . Amen to that .

11. PowerndBlood

PowerndBlood New Member

athanaseusperez, it is pretty simple if you think about how things work, in the old test. male believers got circumcised in the flesh(private area)but couldn't eat unclean things because the soul was still touching their flesh.

In the new testament after everything is revealed it is okay to eat things that you couldn't have in the old test. because of God cutting the soul of the believer loose from the flesh(col 2:11) and sealing it until the day of redemption.(eph 1:13 and 4:30)

Gala. 5:17 - For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Phili. 3:3 - For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

***Colos. 2:11 - In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:***

*1john 3:9 - Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: *and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.*

He cannot sin?(1john 3:9 above)a born again christian can sin but ONLY in his FLESH and he will not get by with that, because God will whip him for that(heb 6:12) and he will loose rewards at the judgement seat of Christ.(1 corinth 3:15)

12. PowerndBlood

PowerndBlood New Member

athanaseusperez, i wish i was better at posting things but i'm not.

The truth is that Adam has passed on a disease that is in everybodies blood, it is called sin.It is 100% certain that nobody can get passed that problem(adultry or not).

My life, flesh, soul or spirit nor anyone elses is good enough to get to Heaven, Jesus Christ lived the life and had the Body, Soul, Spirit and Blood that God would call clean and He freely gave it up for me and anyone else who will accept Him, regardless if we agree on anything else in the bible i hope that we agree on this.

I cheated God because He let me trade Him a sorry excuse of a life for a PERFECT one and gives me the credit for living it, great deal for me, bad one for Christ and i am forever grateful.

***edited to add this,

The answer to your original question is BOTH.

also Christ died for 4 reasons to me and they are,

Everybody that believes, Body, Soul and Spirit and He also paid the price for a sin cursed earth with the crown of thorns He had to wear.

[ October 04, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: PowerndBlood ]