1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did God predestine ISIS & Boko Haram to rape, torture, kill the Christians?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Brother Joseph,

This may be the key point that we have to focus on.

Many times I explained that God foreknew the human wickedness in advance and placed Jesus into that situation so that He could accomplish the Redemption.
    It doesn’t mean that God made the people be wicked and kill the innocent people, but on the contrary to His Will the human beings went wrong and were in the habit of murder.
    Therefore God utilized such wickedness to achieve the Redemption.
    God never predestined the people to slay the innocent people but they did such things and God used such habit for His purpose.

If God predestined such wickedness for the good purpose, can we make the robbery into the banks for the fund-raising for Evangelical missionaries?
    Do you agree with torturing and coercing the people to believe in Jesus for the good purpose? It will not be a sin at all, will it?

God of the Predestination Theory is the fundamenta source of all the evil and the sins, and He is the Author of Sins.

Brother Eliyahu

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Joe,

God is creating the human beings as the sons of God with the free-wills, not the robots or puppets.
    Eph 1:5 and 11 tells us the original Predestination by God, not of the Calvinism.

Brother Joe,

Bible itself tells us the truth.
    God commanded the first couple not to eat the Fruit while placing the Tree of Life.
    God didn’t want them to commit sins but wanted to obey and learn from Him so that they may eat the Fruit of Tree of Life (Gen 2:9, Re 22:19)
    But they departed from God. Therefore already the Plan B has been working its way thru the Redeemer as we read Gen 3:21 which tells us the blood of the innocent animal the shadow of the Redeemer.
    God’s work is a continuous process in reaction to the human reactions too as He is the Living God.

Brother Joe,

God never predestined the people on the wicked side.
    If God predestined ISIS to be wicked and to insult Himself ( the God), then He might be insane.
    If God did so for the greater goodness, then can we do the same for the goodness, killing the people?
    Can we nuke them right away for the eradication of Islam?
    If King David didn’t kill Uriah, he could have died of another cause of death, or God could have given David another son thru another wife. Jesus could come thru another child of David.
    Another child could have been called Solomon, too.
    If David didn’t Uriah, he wouldn’t have lost 4 sons and the kingdom of Israel may have been securer.

Brother Eliyahu

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Brother Joe,

We receive the eternal life from God by believing in Jesus Christ.
    If we don’t believe in Him, we cannot get the Life.
    We are totally depraved but can hear the Gospel and believe in Jesus as we read Acts 16:31
    After we are born again by the Holy Spirit we can say
    < 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.">
    Before we are born again, God doesn’t work within us but He can influence us so that
    we accept the Gospel.

RE 3:20

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    If He predestined the acceptance of the Gospel, He doesn’t have to knock at the door, but He can burst into the heart of the people.

RE 22:17
    And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

He doesn’t have to call anyone who are thirsty, but He can pour the water of Life, if He had predestined some Elect.

Even after the man is born again by the Holy Spirit?
    So, shall we resemble Him?
    If God predestined the most of the people not to believe in Him and to be wicked and to rape and torture the Christians and non-Christians for His Good Purpose, can we do the same for the good purpose?
    Can we plot and instigate some people to rape and top torture and to kill the wives of Islam so that they may fear the Lord?
    If God is still holy and not guilty of any sins even if He predestined the most of the people to be wicked and tricky, and some people to insult the Holy God and yet He is Holy, then can we not instigate and instruct the people to be wicked and to insult the God for the good purpose?

If God predestined ISIS to be wicked and to behead the Christians and to rape and torture Christians, can we do the same to the Islam people for the Good Purpose, and yet we wouldn’t be guilty?

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. ( 1 Peter 1:16)
    If the predestination of the most people to be wicked and sinful can still keep God to be Holy,
    Can we be indemnified even if we plot to make some people be wicked and commit sins?
    We can follow Him, right?

Brother Eliyahu

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We must notice the first statement:
    << And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel >>

At that time the nation of Israel was already corrupted and therefore God reacted to them thru David. When God tested David, he should have said the same thing as Joab said in 1 Chron 21:3
    ! Chron 21:3-4
    3 And Joab answered, The Lord make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?
    4 Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.

Why couldn’t David have such understanding as Joab? Because David was also corrupted as the many of Israel were.
    When people are corrupted, God sometimes test them.
    It is not because God is wicked but because the people were corrupted first.
    Moreover, it is not God that instigated David but was Satan. The Satan can work only within the limit allowed by God, until the time allowed by God

Brother Eliyahu

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Joseph,

Thank you so much all the information that you brought on this issue.

I will ponder on it more in the future but have enjoyed them so far and

at the moment I can comment on them this way.

God hardens the heart of the people whom God foreknew to be wicked by abandoning them and leaving them to do whatever they want.
    Yet God never predestined them to be wicked but foreknew that they would be wicked and therefore left them to be so.

God never predestined the people to be wicked but to be good and righteous.
    God directs the people in the righteous and good way, but when they turn to be wicked, then He leads them to fall and stumble, which may look like leading them in the evil way but there is always the good reason for that.

Now I can ask you

1. When you are sick, do you go to the hospital?
    Can you extend your lifetime if it is fixed by His predestination?

You may not die earlier than the predestined date nor later than that date.
    Do you still need to go to the hospital if your life is predestined in every detail, even to the fall of one hair?

2. Luke 19:41
    41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
    42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
    43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,

Why did Jesus weep if the residents of Jerusalem were predestined to rebel against God?

Didn’t Jesus know that God made the people of Israel be wicked and not to believe in Jesus? It was God that made the residents of Jerusalem to be wicked for His Pleasure, right? Why did Jesus weep? Was it because He realized that His Father predestined Israel to be wicked for His Pleasure? Was Jesus unhappy with such predestination by Father?

It was God that made Israel no believe in the Gospel of Peace, wasn’t it?
    Did Jesus not know that Jerusalem was predestined to be wicked by God?
    Did Jesus know the list of the people who would be saved and whether Jerusalem would be corrupted? If yes, why did He weep?

3. Do you preach Gospel to the people?
    What if you preach the Gospel to the people who are predestined not to believe in Him?
    Isn’t it wise if you ask God first about whether the person is predestined to believe in God or not?

Is it necessary for anyone to preach the Gospel to the person who is predestined to believe in Him? Because even if nobody preaches, he or she will be saved if he or she is predestined to be saved.
    If he is predestined by God, not to believe in Him, the preaching means the work against the will of God, right?
    If he is predestined by God, to believe in Him, even if you don’t preach the gospel to him, he will be saved by any means.
    Have you ever prayed God to inform you of the list of the people who are predestined to believe in Jesus so that you may save time?
    What did He say to you?

Brother Joseph,

Thanks for your input on this issue.
    I enjoyed the abundance of your resources about this issue and all the Bible verses that you brought.
    You may answer with the sufficient time.

Thank you for all the answers and comments.

Brother Eliyahu

6. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Eliyahu,

I feel we have exhausted this topic and are now just repeating ourselves and I do not wish to do that as it is not a good use of time. I have enjoyed this discussion. It is a good topic and thread that you started. Thank you for your thoughts. This will be my last post on this thread, thus I am basically giving you the final word! If anyone would like to read a debate on if God predestinated all things including sin, I recommend the following debate that has both sides well represented https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3F2BD1A1ED70F51!488&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AHNLNqpXVrpHcNY

It is a good read.

God bless,

Brother Joe

7. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God creates some humans as vessels of dishonor, but because God is not the author of sin, they freely sin and dishonor themselves all the way to Hell.

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
    Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

#127 Robert William, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given your snotty, childish attitude, why should we?

It's pretty clear from your posts that you're not interested in learning what Reformed theology teaches or what the Bible says, but only in condemning and bickering. So, in the spirit of Proverbs 20:3, I choose not to take the bait.

Good luck in your ignorance.

Post hoc ergo proptor hoc.

9. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we think we have a better Belief or Idea than others, then we must behave in a better manner, I believe.

In that aspect, our Brother Joseph has done very well with the due patience and kindness, bringing all the possible bible verses.

So, I highly appreciate and praise Bro Joe in this regard.

My final word is this.

God will judge our behaviors and works eventually, and our beliefs too.

Will God be happy to hear anyone saying that God predestined the most of the people not to believe in Him and to reject Jesus Christ,

and thereby to commit many sins and to become wicked for His pleasure?

I don't think so.

God bless you all.

Eliyahu

#129 Eliyahu, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015