1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did humans Co existwith the Dinosaurs, and Did Flood wipe them out?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 11, 2014.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe verse two shows that Satan who has the power of death was present on the earth. I believe it also shows that at some point in time maybe even immediately following, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, that this also at that time took place: 1 Sam 4:21 And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.
    I say, maybe even immediately, because it is stated that Satan was a liar and murderer from the beginning.

I believe the last of verse 2 and verse 3 is God returning in his glory. The glory of Light. To deal with Satan and death.

#21 percho, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Hey! Don't be talkin' 'bout Metamucil! Nothin' wrong with Metamucil!

:laugh:

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I have encountered those ideas before Percho, something similar to the "official" gap theory idea???? I think????

I guess that I am more along the lines of the narrative of creation being somewhat "allegorical" in nature. That its purpose, was to communicate "theological" truth (God Created) rather than a blueprint for "how" God did the creating. I think it possible, the author (an or redactor(s)) of this narrative had this purpose in mind. At least that is the best I can express at this given moment.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, as there is no way to interprete theHebrew as written down by Moses in genesis as being any other way than a 24 hr normal day!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The words that are translated here can refer to sea monster, or some other derative, so believe that the main reason some translated it as elephant or hippo was due to preconceived notions that it HAD to be living known animals!

Marco polo recorded down in 1100's on travels to China that they had large lizard creatures penned up, Alexander the Great trrops inindia encountered flying reptiles, and there are almost as many tales of dragons around globe as is for the Flood!

Some might even exist today in remote areas like Congo....

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the 5th day He created all the land animals and on the 6th He created man. There is your answer to the first part.

The second part depends on what you mean by dinosaurs.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have stated before I am a gapper. However my gap has no reflection on the 6 days of Gen. 1. I believe them to have been six days of twenty four hours each. And I also do not believe the twenty fours of day one had to do with the earth turning on it's axis but God establishing time by dividing himself as twelve hours of Light from twelve hours of the darkness of Satan. Which I believe the night and day of John 11:9,10 should be understood.

I believe what took place between Gen. 1:3 and 1:31 took place to rectify something that was already amiss rather than to rectify something that was going to become amiss.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

I believe those works of the devil to have been already present in Genesis 1:2 and continued on in this present world of which Satan is the God of.

9. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

This is very interesting. Google--"Bob Dutko"

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Yes.

2. Possibly. They may have died in the flood or they may have experienced a significant die-off prior to the flood.

11. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Yes. No. Yes.

#31 glazer1972, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  12. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The last enemy to be destroyed is death......so how could God say it was "very good" if death is an enemy? Genesis 1:31

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Death is an enemy?

Philippians 2:8-9 NIV

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

14. quantumfaith

All of creation was good, why cannot the "natural order" of death be good? I assume it was, because it (in my view) was a natural property of creation. We do, in many ways "fear death".... why is that? I simply think entropy and death was a natural property that God placed in the cosmos and humanity from the very beginning. For me, the Tree of Life, an apparent necessity for an indefinite life span, is a big clue, this and our understanding of natural science as well.

15. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is an enemy good?

16. quantumfaith

I "think" you are being intentionally and necessarily narrow here.

"There is no greater love than a man lay down his life for his friends"

I think the issue of "death" as you want to bring it up, is a bit more complex than you making it digital in nature.

Here is a good article although I know you will not "like" it.

http://biologos.org/questions/death-before-the-fall

17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fascinating article. Thanks for giving the link.

We should all have our DNA traced. I just might help bring about some peace between groups ... once we find out that biologically we are all brothers and sisters.

18. Florida Believer

Florida Believer New Member

Dinoasaurs

Creation research dot org has some very insightful information on some of this. They posit that animals or at least some animals began to start eating meat some time after the curse, but some time before the flood.

For the largest of the meat-eaters, if indeed the T-Rex and others did eat meat before the flood it's possible that the larger varieties of dinosaurs began to die off because of a shortage of food supply due to their need for such large quantities of meat to sustain themselves or perhaps a catastrophe such as an a meteor crash that killed the vast majority of where they were living.

In any case, Noah took "kinds" of animals so it's very possible that the only "kinds" of dinosaurs still alive were not the very dangerous ones and what dinosaurs were left most likely became extinct over time due to a variety of reasons.

"A day is as a Thousand years" has been used to interpret creation as longer than the literal 6 day event, but I'm still not 100% convinced that is the proper interpretation.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you mean the one here in metro detroit, at WMUZ 103.5 on fm dial?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have made a very good case fpr a large worldwide ice Age after the Flood, lasting about 700 years, could that have killed them off, if cold blooded?

Could loch ness or in Congo be any survivors?