1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

did Jesus walked over the water?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Goinheix, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

In another thread it was discused in wich maner did Jesus walk over the water. Is the Gospel saying that? or is an misinterpretation of ourself? I promesses to open an specific thread and here it is.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passage in question is from Matthew 14:

24But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
    26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
    27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
    28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
    29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
    32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

The point that Goinheix has proposed is that Jesus walked around the water, not on the water.

Scripture clearly says that:
    1) the ship was in the midst of the sea;
    2) although the ship was in the midst of the sea (v.24), Jesus and the disciples conversed (v.26, 27, 28)
    3) Peter asked to come out "on the water" with Jesus (v.28)
    4) Peter sank (v.30)
    5) Jesus went into (boarded) the ship (which, as we recall from v.24, was in the midst of the sea)

I think it's pretty clear that scripture shows Jesus walked on the water, not around it.

3. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

what is the point discusisn this or anyting else. the administrator will close it or move it or ban me if he dont like my posts.

discussing whatever with you is hypocrecy, and a waste of time.

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

The thread was over 19 pages and many posters provided you many biblical and confessional proofs that your view regarding "Christ having no divine qualities" was not only un-Christian, but most certainly not Baptist.

I attempted to give you the benefit of the doubt as reflected in several of my posts, but I think you made yourself quite clear.

I've invited you to provide some quotes of scholarly Baptists who support your views regarding Christ lack of divine attributes, but either you can't produce them or refuse to do so. Until you do so I see no reason that topic should be permitted to stay in a "Baptist only" section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.