1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did the Apostle In 1 John mean A Christian cannot Sin any longer?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Nov 22, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

In all honesty, I do not think I could disagree with any of this......

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you. It was a difficult decision to make, but one that has brought peace and assurance that it was the right one even though it is saddening to see someone choose a path of self destruction.

The auto accident threw her out and the vehicle rolled over her. Her body is filled with rods and pins and they never expected her to walk, but she can although it is not exactly walking as she has to hold on to things and can only go a very short distance. She also has serious internal problems needing adult diapers. Over the years since the accident she has been beaten up, robbed, not that she has much, gang raped, and disowned by her children. Much prayer is needed in her life.

#62 freeatlast, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL, This is so sad.
    I have prayed for you and your sister.

HankD

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you very much.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Willis, do you think I should take Fal's advice and make my mother live somewhere else?

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot speak for either of them, but my initial thoughts are no. The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write:

1Tim 5:8if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (NIV 1984)

and James to write:

James 2:15-16
    15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (NIV 1984)

I can understand much of what you are feeling, but I am also sure that God places us in these situations to change us and not necessarily the other person. I pray that God gives you the strength and wisdom to do everything you need to do. Keep looking to :jesus:

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, Sissy, I agree with what Bro. FAL did, given he took his sister in, and told her what she could and couldn't do. It's his house, and he has every right to run it the way he sees fit. If was is leaning on God when he made this decision, I would imagine he did the right thing.

Now, your situation may be altogether different. You are taking care of your mommy, and that needs to be commended. She took care of you when you couldn't do it yourself in infancy. That being said, God's Words states that He would not have us tempted more than we are able to bear. And, in that temptation, He would make a way for our escape. Take it from me, satan will turn our families(the ones we love the most) against us, and most of the time, I don't think they're even aware of it. What I am driving at is it's up to to seek God's face to help you in your time of need(I am quite sure you have and still are, btw), and leave it at His feet. You and God are the only ones who know what feelings you are dealing with. I don't want you to kick you mommy to the curb, but if this situation is really affecting you walk with God(by the thoughts you have been having), maybe you could find a relative to come in and help you from time-to-time......you know, and give you time to decompress. Every situation that we have to deal with in regards to our relatives, are different, and I'd suffice to say that different advice is warranted in most, if not all, those situations. I pray that God will remove this burden from you, and that if your precious mommy doesn't know Him, that He will visit her, and give her that "blessed hope" that we have. I want you to know that I love you as a dear Sister in Christ.

i am I AM's

Willis

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I will be praying for you, and especially your sister. After reading this post, I can see how she got hooked on prescription drugs. I can not imagine the amount of pain she went through when that vehicle rolled over her. Most of all, I will be praying for God to send His Spirit to her, and that she will humble herself under His sovereign, mighty hand of mercy. I love you, Brother.